account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 591 of 838
Message 591 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

@CerberusSco

Android Central
Android Authority
CNET

These are also major tech sites.
Also if you need pictures with blur issues to post up on the YouTube video you intend to make then I'll give you permission to use the ones I have. I've taken plenty of photos with prominent blur.
Highlighted
Message 592 of 838
Message 592 of 838

It was androidpit. Their z5c images had left softness

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 593 of 838
Message 593 of 838

I'm also going to request further and better particulars of the conditions under which blurring occurs, a copy of the report by their experts and what their expected performance parameters are!

Those other sites. I will contact in due course.

Thanks again peeps :smileysmileythumbsup:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Adept
Message 594 of 838
Message 594 of 838

Took this with my Z5 in 16:9 ratio. Do you guys think i should get my phone replaced ?

DSC_1121.JPG

On the other hand, took the next picture with my old xperis z3. I fell the z3 had a better camera that was more sharp Slightly frowning Face

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-Y0BHttZ7UT1AtNUNIRXg4eGM/view

Highlighted
Message 595 of 838
Message 595 of 838

Take one in better light for checking the blur.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 596 of 838
Message 596 of 838

Funny how there's soooo many user complaints, sooo many examples, even big name sites are saying the same things and yet the only people who are insisting there's no issue, is Sony themselves. Yes, we're all still hopeful that 6.0 will fix everything but IF it doesn't, i'm pretty sure there's going to be many more lawsuits and people dumping Sony handsets and that will pretty much be the end of the Xperia line...if it wasn't already dying.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 597 of 838
Message 597 of 838

I'm just going to compile a list of links to forums or sub reddits and webpages, that highlight the issues people are experiencing with blur. Some sites linked to, may also contain reviews.

XPERIAblog

XDA 1

XDA 2

XDA 3

Reddit 1

Reddit 2

O2 UK

SUMAHOINFO (Please note this is translated from Japanese to English)

mobiwatch

T
here may be other sites/forums/blogs/reviews too. If you want me to add any others to the list that I have missed, then feel free to let me know.

On the other hand Fony. Aside from the users here complaining about blur on their photographs, are you also telling me that every single person that has left comments/posts/feedback on these other sites are also wrong and their cameras are in actual fact, fine by Fony's standards?

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Enthusiast
Message 598 of 838
Message 598 of 838

There's definitely the blur issue @gagge1000 on the left hand side of your photo.sorry.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 599 of 838
Message 599 of 838

Hahaha - my Sony folder had like 100+ unread mails because it's my thread... uhm

First of all -> Thank you CerberusSco and everyone else who keeps pushing this topic. I think they won't do anything about the Z5 series and just sit it out until the Z6 comes to the shelves.

The second thing that grinds my gears is that no one at https://www.reddit.com/r/shotonandroid posts with a Z5... this is hilarious considering it's supposed to be one of the best smartphone cameras out there and the "dxomark results".

My advice for you guys... If you can adapt to bigger phones grab something that better fits your needs. An LG G4 for example Winking Face Winking Face

Highlighted
Learner
Message 600 of 838
Message 600 of 838

Hi everyone,

I just happen to stumble on this forum as I am checking all the reviews of Z5. I didn't read everything in this thread and just started from page 40. This is very disappointing because I'm really looking forward to buy the Z5P.

I also saw the camera samples from Android Authority and it seems they don't have any problems with their unit unlike Pocketnow's which is very noticeable.

Anyhow, I'm going to a Sony store (Dubai) later to check their units and will ask if they have received similar complaints.