account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 531 of 838
Message 531 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

I suffer blury edges too. One example here: 

Can i ask is this normal or not. Can i get money back or working phone ? or is this sony camera quality? Like it dont focus corretly ? Using auto mode.

DSC_0166.JPG

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 532 of 838
Message 532 of 838

Re: z5 camera issues

this are the photos.

http://imgur.com/a/aClZJ

Post with 0 views.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 533 of 838
Message 533 of 838

Lol, just look at that poor Accord - it's fubar thanks to distortion...Goodbye Sony. You were once really great but have turned to one big disappointment since then.DSC_0315.JPG

Highlighted
Talent
Message 534 of 838
Message 534 of 838

Still nothing from Sony.

However, I have had a great discussion with my mobile network, but we both want to see what Sony Mobiles next move is.

I'm also disappointed to see that many other people are still experiencing the same issue as myself and others! Either way, either Sony respond to my Letter Before Action and deal with it or I'm getting a different handset (possibly Samsung S6 Edge+) and ditching Sony all together. I wouldn't expect a response from them until next week or the week after due to the holiday season.

That said, I hope everybody had a great holiday season/Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2016! 

Let's hope Sony solve this issue and fast.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 535 of 838
Message 535 of 838

Thanks for your feedback @CerberusSco.
Have a great holiday and a happy new year!!
Keep us update.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 536 of 838
Message 536 of 838

Any news conserning  for better picture quality update?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 537 of 838
Message 537 of 838

@spwaw wrote:

Any news conserning  for better picture quality update?

Unfortunately not. Sony is too busy blowing it's own trumpet releasing a pink coloured Z5!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 538 of 838
Message 538 of 838

It's baffling as to why Sony doesn't respond on such a major issue, after all the false marketing on how great the camera is and claiming it to be the world best smartphone camera. I sure hope they can fix the blurry edges/ focus issues with an update soon.
I get blur around the edge of all the entire image and not just the left corner. There definitely is an issue regarding the lense /focus. Also I compared the picture sample with my Nexus 5, surprisingly theNexus 5 captures far better detail in pictures especially when pinching to zoom on the image.

The z5 lacks sharpness and details in close up macro shots, as soon as you zoom in everything is blurry and noisy. I hope again this issue can be fixed via a software update, its infuriating as i upgraded to the z5 for its camera quality yet am left dissapointed.

See pictures below for comparison:

Z5

red1.jpg

Image is very blurry around the edges, severly lacks detail in sharpness and clarity. Its as though the autofocus can't focus correctly, i've tried it in manual mode with multi focus and get the exact same results. One area is focused and the rest of the image is blurred/blown out.

Nexus 5

red2.jpg

Even though its only an 8 megapixel camera, it processess images far better in terms of clarity, sharpness and detail. Everything is in focus here, nothing is blown out nor is blurry. If you comapre the two images you can see a major difference in quality, the Nexus 5 surpirsingly trumps the Z5 in focal length, detail, sharpness and clairty. (Especially around the limbs)

I am praying that it is a software issue on Sony's end and that an update can miraculously save the Z5 camera performance. Its sad to see such a high end phone camera be let down by such poor optimization.

PLEASE Sony fix this issue.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 539 of 838
Message 539 of 838

Hey,

the Sony Xperia M2 seems to have an update that improves the quality by a lot:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-m2/general/camera-quality-comparison-182-vs-175-t3281756

what do you think, might this be a step forward for the Z5c as well (if the update arrives there)?

Inhabitant
Message 540 of 838
Message 540 of 838

WOW! We Z peoples have hope !