account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 141 of 838
Message 141 of 838

Re: Z5C blurry camera images / more blur on the left side

Same issue here - super blurry on the left-hand side of pics. The support reps on chat just said they have no confirmation of the issue. Debating getting a refund vs hanging on for an official confirmation here.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 142 of 838
Message 142 of 838

Sorry to hear that you're getting blurry pictures with the camera.

This is something i have forwarded internally but i'm afraid i don't have any information about what the cause could be yet. As soon as i do i will let you know.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 143 of 838
Message 143 of 838

@Rickard

Thank you for the response! Now we at least know that we are not being ignored. Let's hope that this is not hardware related issue... But the fact, that the blur moves to the right side after flipping the phone 180 deegres worries me... : (

Highlighted
Talent
Message 144 of 838
Message 144 of 838

Great, it took like 15 pages for someone at Sony to even say a word that will give hope to most of the people who bought this phone. Blurs on left and right sides, no burst, badly done camera2 API with 3rd party aps crashing at shutter speed control, out-of-focus pictures when trying to do macros, slower picture taking compared to rest of flagships, bad postprocessing algorithms, etc. I vote for a comple camera app redraw, or at least give full camera2 API so people can use fair 3rd party apps that work.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 145 of 838
Message 145 of 838

The problem is not in the software. There Rev2 there with a camera all right!
In Rev 1 camera misses to the left and right sides.

Learner
Message 146 of 838
Message 146 of 838

1. Can anyone confirm that all revision 2 z5 and z5c don't have this blur issue or at least that your rev2 phone does not have this blur issue and possibly other camera issues? 

2. How do i know for sure what is a phone rev number?

3. How long does it usually take until a phone with a new rev arrives to stores?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 147 of 838
Message 147 of 838

More red when take a picture at night.

Highlighted
Message 148 of 838
Message 148 of 838

I had two Rev2 phones, the first one's camera produced very bad results with strong blur to the left half of the photo.

The second one is much better but still slight blur on the left edge of the photo.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 149 of 838
Message 149 of 838

The rev number is marked on the box with the other ID numbers (well it was on mine).

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 150 of 838
Message 150 of 838

Rev 1

DSC_4580.JPG