account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 isn't charging Help!!!

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Z5 isn't charging Help!!!

My z5 isn't charging

a high voltage hit our home so it's not charging anymore but still working!! What should i do ?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z5 isn't charging Help!!!

Hi @Mugg,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I recommend that you try these methods one after the other. Verify after each method whether your device is charging again, before trying the next one:

• Charge the device for at least 30 minutes. If the battery is drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for your device to respond to the charging. During this time, the screen may remain completely dark, not showing the charging icon. Also note that it can take up to 4 hours for a completely drained battery to charge fully.
  • Make sure that you are using an original Sony charger and USB cable specifically intended for charging your device. Other chargers may be too weak or too strong as they may have a different electric current rating (mA). It is recommended that you use a charger that is plugged into a wall socket instead of using a computer (and USB cable) to charge your device.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from your Xperia device and then plug the cable into the micro USB port on the device again. Make sure that the charger cable is properly attached to the Micro USB port on your device, with no obstruction such as a protective case. Check that the charger is properly plugged into a wall socket with an active power source.
  • Make sure that the charger port is free from lint, dust and moisture. A blocked port can prevent the USB connector from fitting properly, and therefore prevent charging. Ensure that the USB port is completely dry, and gently remove any lint or dust using, for example, a wooden or plastic toothpick or a toothbrush.
  • Turn off your device and then turn it back on.
  • Try charging the Xperia device by connecting the USB cable to the USB port of a computer. If the device starts to charge, this may be a sign that the charger is not working properly.
  • If your Xperia device does not start to charge after you connect the USB cable to the computer, try this method again using another USB cable (if one is available). This is to determine if the USB cable defective.
  • Force restart your device, to do this press and hold the volume up and on/off key on your device for 120 seconds.

Keep me posted how it goes or let me know if any of this is unclear. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

It's showing that there is a charger connected but it's not actually. 

I can only charge it when it goes to 0% and it connects with charger 

Iam trying now but it recognizes it and turns red light notif then turns off

Iam using now an app called ampere and it shows me that there is a connected charger but i didn't 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

The charger and cable are working perfectly with another mobile (xperia m2 dual) but not with z5

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for letting me know @Mugg!

Then if you have tried the troubleshooting I suggested in my previous post all I can do is to recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team. They can assist you with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for further troubleshooting and repair.

Let me know how it works out! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thank you for your care and time. 😊 

It's working now!!  Yeaah 

I just removed every single electron, i made the battery 0% really 0 even after the mobile's shut down then i charged it from the beginning as a new volt amd amp 😃😁 but thanks for ur care sony 

Although that there is something wrong but it started charging 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

That is great to hear @Mugg! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about. Slightly smiling Face