account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 compact rebooting itself

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 31 of 65
Message 31 of 65

Re: Z5 compact rebooting itself

I've bought this yesterday. SONY Z5 Compact. White. Kernel: 32.0.A.6.200

Restarted 4 Times yesterday and today 2 Times. Did use the och compagnion as suggested. Happend again. Did a new repair /reset via PCC. RESTARTED 5 MINS AGO! This is messed up.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 32 of 65
Message 32 of 65

Same Problem here. My Xperia z5 compact is about 8 weeks old and a weeks ago it started rebooting itself randomly. I get a Black screen, Red light blinking and then Android reboots. Error appears with various actions like opening Chrome, opening Camera etc. Need Support, please.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 33 of 65
Message 33 of 65

I have z5 not the compact one, I brought it to service center. Must be a battery problem. But I demand a phone replacement and they did. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 34 of 65
Message 34 of 65

Hey Sony, My Z5C just had its 5th auto reboot and it's just 3months old. Can you confirm? Is this an hardware or software issue? I already did all your instructions to counter this problem yet it still persists especially when using my lte. I am really starting to worry because users from Xperia M5 have an exactly same issue.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 35 of 65
Message 35 of 65

Hi, I had the same issue with z5 compact. It rebooted itself, for me it was software issue I belive, because full software repair with PC Companion help. Any rebot trought almost 3 weeks now.

Inhabitant
Message 36 of 65
Message 36 of 65

Random reboot here too and i made Pc companion fix.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 37 of 65
Message 37 of 65

Same issue since latest software update 32.0.A.6.200,SONY please fix it!
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 38 of 65
Message 38 of 65

The same problem, I've even sent my Z5 back to local support service but they haven't fixed it. I'm so angryyyyy right now!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 39 of 65
Message 39 of 65

Xperia Z5 gets black screen, 3 times red LED then a long red light and finally Restart

I listened to music and my Xperia Z5 gets a black screen 3 times red light and a long one, and finally a restart. Thats the second today and i updated yesterday,

And there is another issue too, loudspeaker connection has a problem, the sound changes between phone and loudspeaker/earphone for few seconds fastly.

NEED HELP
Highlighted
Message 40 of 65
Message 40 of 65

Re: Xperia Z5 gets black screen, 3 times red LED then a long red light and finally Restart

Try going into the music app settings and clearing data and cache. Then reboot phone and see if it rectifies it.
I would also clear cache and data for smart connect too.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.