account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 compact camera and video not working at all

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Z5 compact camera and video not working at all

Unfortunately for me i didn't return mine to the store within 30 days and i had the exact same problem. I sent mine away for repair and the clowns have tried telling me the aftermarket screen (which was installed AFTER the camera failing and messages started) is the reason for the camera not working what kind of scam is sony trying pull do they even know the company they contract repairs to is pulling this on its customers

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

7.1 update is ultimate fail

Since my z5 has been updated to android 7.1 nothing works...I have lost use of both my rear and front camera and also the flash, any camera assisted app causes my phone to crash and won't let me do anything, apps take an absolute lifetime to load then they crash. Even after a soft rest, factory rest and the use of Companion to do a system update I'm still no better off?! 

I even took the time to have the cameras replaced and still didn't work...think Sony need to do more thorough tests...very disappointing on sony's behalf! 

Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Re: 7.1 update is ultimate fail

hi dear

can you repair your phone?

cause I have exactly the same problem

please help me tho

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

This same thing happened on my Xperia Z5 compact after upgrade to 7.1.1.

Is there any solution available for this problem? Rear and front camera and flash worked fine before the upgrade to 7.1.1.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I do encounter the same problem. Is there any solution to it?  My camera front and rear, as well as the flash does not work.