account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 compact Messaging app is not working properly

Highlighted
Message 1 of 40
Message 1 of 40

Z5 compact Messaging app is not working properly

The conversations, whrn opened, take about 10-15 seconds! And also when I delete them.
It is very frustrating having to wait so ling everything I have to send a text through a conversation.
Whem sending thr msg doesn't show up and will only show up after closing and opening the conversation 2-3 times, each time taking 10-15 seconds.
The circle keeps spinning, can't even go back
Have to hit the home button.
May I add that I backed up about 71,000 msgs from my iPhone through Sony pc companion.
And I have tried clearing the cache, clearing data, force stopping and restarting.
Nothing works.
Please help.
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 40
Message 2 of 40

Re: Z5 compact Messaging app is not working properly

Hi @TheRealSlimShady

Please, try to boot your device into safe mode and check if this issue persists. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Highlighted
Message 3 of 40
Message 3 of 40

Hi! @xavinux I tried as you said. The problem is still pr...

Hi! @xavinux

I tried as you said.
The problem is still present, now I'm receiving same copies of messages from people multiple times at different time interrvals :/
Messages inside conversations dissappear or rearrange themselves.
My transition from Ios to Android ain't too smooth 😞
Genius
Message 4 of 40
Message 4 of 40

Re: Hi! @xavinux I tried as you said. The problem is still pr...

Hi @TheRealSlimShady

***** Be aware that next suggestion will reset all settings of your apps *****

Try go to Settings -> Apps -> tap the 3 dots -> tap on Reset app preferences Then check if those problems persists or have disappeared. Please, keep us updated.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 40
Message 5 of 40

Re: Hi! @xavinux I tried as you said. The problem is still pr...

Sorry to hear that you have issues with your Z5 Compact Slightly frowning Face

If the issue remains, would it be possible for you to provide us with a log file from your phone that i could forward internally for further investigation?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 40
Message 6 of 40

I have the same problems with a Z5. Also it takes about 20-30 minutes from someone sends me an sms till it is recieved.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 40
Message 7 of 40

I have the exact same problems (slow, repeated sms etc) Transfered my text and settings from an old xperia acro s.

Seems this is a general issue? Will marshmallow update come soon and might that fix the problem?

I'd really like to keep the phone, but it is quite annoying to have a phone which basically can't handle sms!

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 8 of 40
Message 8 of 40

Please try to disable stamina mode. I remember in previous Z series it was the reason why MMS messages was extremely delayed in receiving. Maybe updated stamina is impacting it as well. I noticed sms app slowness too :/
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 40
Message 9 of 40

We are also having this problem with a Z5 compact. Messaging app was working fine. Then we used the Sony PC companion to transfer around 200k messages (and other things) from an iPhone 4. The freezing / hanging seems to occur when a message has been sent and the sending is still happening in the background. Seems to take a while (at least 30 seconds) to send the message and during this time the messaging app hangs on "opening conversation" if you try to open any conversations (or if you leave and then try to reopen the messaging app). Once the message has actually sent and appears in the relevant conversation, then the messaging app works again. The same seems to happen when receiving messages.

Please help. If you need a log file, please explain how to provide this.

--Original message--

The conversations, whrn opened, take about 10-15 seconds! And also when I delete them.
It is very frustrating having to wait so ling everything I have to send a text through a conversation.
Whem sending thr msg doesn't show up and will only show up after closing and opening the conversation 2-3 times, each time taking 10-15 seconds.
The circle keeps spinning, can't even go back
Have to hit the home button.
May I add that I backed up about 71,000 msgs from my iPhone through Sony pc companion.
And I have tried clearing the cache, clearing data, force stopping and restarting.
Nothing works.
Please help.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 10 of 40
Message 10 of 40

According to support it might be not possible to use the backed-up sms. quite annoying for a company such as sony and their new "high-end" phone!