account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 491 of 578
Message 491 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I had exactly the same issue. While waiting at the airport, my Xperia Z screen cracked. After I arrived In Canada, I Call Sony Xperia Care center and they asked me to send the phone ( at my own cost !)

I did, and a full 3 weeks laters, they quoted me 240$ for a screen replacement. After calling them again to complain and explain them that is a manufacturer fault, the operator tol me that there is nothing he could do. The phone has a physical damage, and such a thing is not cover by the warranty. Furthermore, he never actually heard about a self cracked phone, and since this product is sell all over the world, it can't be malfunctionning but it could only be due to a shock.

This is really too bad, the software itself is pretty good, but not worth anything if you can't unlock the screen... As a conclusion ,I will contact a few consumer associations do get my money back, and can only recommend you one thing : NEVER EVER BUY SONY AGAIN ! I had a few Samsung nd never had any issues, but this is the 5thtime now that I have to send my phone to the Xperia (don't) Care service...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 492 of 578
Message 492 of 578

**Question**

Greetings to the staff of Sony Mobile

I read the sites of fracture Mobile Sony Xperia Z screen guarantee whether the news is true?

Thanks

Highlighted
Message 493 of 578
Message 493 of 578

Re: **Question**

Depending on how the screen broke,you might have warranty appliable or not.You have to check with your local xperia first:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 494 of 578
Message 494 of 578

Re: Xperia itself cracked screens. We want is an official statement that this IS a product fault

So, i have to mention "I will contact my MP in my mail to sony support!" If thats is what going to make this work, i will do it!

@Kromedome wrote:

Update:

i had a call from the escalations team and they have had my phone repaired UNDER WARRANTY. I  knew I wasn't getting anywhere by quoting Trading standards or by saying that I would go to BBC Watchdog but as soon as I said that I would contact my local MP, their attitude changed. I've now got my phone back. Anyone want a fully repaired Xperia Z in purple, I'll do a good price.:smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 495 of 578
Message 495 of 578

I have the Z2, had it for about a month and I set the alarm last night, everything was working fine. woke up this morning to my alarm and couldnt turn off the alarm as the screen has a hairline crack covering the top right corner.

called sony this morning to get it fixed, they said i have to send it in to see if they will change it under warrenty.

If they dont ill be going to watchdog, as id be the first person to admit if i had dropped it and it had broken......but i couldnt have broken it in my sleep!!!

This should be fixed FOC!!!!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 496 of 578
Message 496 of 578

cheers for the post mate i got mine through contrace at optus corner cracked under glass then spread to over glass as you said its thin crack its unaceptable as far as ive got getting this sorted is send it to sony for screen replacement or do the same through optus and if it happens twice another braand hanset can be given. im so umhapy with this phone quality.waiting on a call from the higher end of optus see if i can just pay out a smallamount of cash for another phone and chuck this phone that will most likely crack more and stab me in the leg in the bin.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 497 of 578
Message 497 of 578

Here is a picture of my experia z1. Although it looks completely unbroken. Trust me it is knackered. Also compared to the images in the comments below that makes me feel better about maybe sony will fix this.DSC_1434[1].JPG

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 498 of 578
Message 498 of 578

now here is a picture of the problem that has rendered my phone utterly useless. DSC_1435[1].JPG

Highlighted
Learner
Message 499 of 578
Message 499 of 578

I have almost the same cracked as magnified17.

I am taking good care of both my phones (I also own a Z1 Compact) and the Z seems that it cracked with no pressure at all. Is it so fragile? I will go to the Sony Repair Center and post back. I hope they will fix it. DSC_0767.JPG

Highlighted
Learner
Message 500 of 578
Message 500 of 578

And another photo

DSC_0771.JPGDSC_0773.JPG