account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 501 of 578
Message 501 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

So yesterday I sent the phone for repair. Fingers crossed. I hope that Sony will be worthy of its reputation!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 502 of 578
Message 502 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Hi Arshad, I too facing the same problem, i went to lunch and when i came to desk and abt to do a call. I found that my xperia zr screen got broken. I didn't have any thing inside my pocket apart from mobile. When i consulted Sony service centre. They are asking me to pay half the price of the mobile phone, this is pathetic i already payed 30k bucks for this phone, now i cant afford to pay 15k now. I am planning for a third party touchscreen's , if you are having any regarding this please contact me through my email. Emauil ID:

Highlighted
Learner
Message 503 of 578
Message 503 of 578

Any update for your handset?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 504 of 578
Message 504 of 578

@manouallou

Highlighted
Learner
Message 505 of 578
Message 505 of 578

Yes! Great news folks. Sony replaced my handset with a new one, not refubrished but brand new! So I assume that if your claim is honest and after they inspect your handset, Sony will replace your handset if you have the single hair-line crack.

I also wrote a nice letter to the support explaining the situation and it seems they have also taken it into consideration. 

I am very happy with the outcome of this. Slightly smiling Face

Sony did stood up to its name.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 506 of 578
Message 506 of 578

It seems like my case has had the same outcome. I had my Xperia Z3 for less than a month when I discovered a hairline crack in a wave shape across the screen. All I had done is turned a podcast on and put it in my pocket (I was wearing baggy joggers so no pressure was appleid to the screen at all), I pulled it out of my pocket a few minutes later and the screen was unresponsive thanks to the crack.

I sent my phone off to get repaired, fully expecting sony to present me with a massive repair bill. To my delight I recieved an email yesterday saying they were already sending the phone back to me. No details as to whether it's a new/refurbished phone yet, but I suppose I'll find that out when it arrives. 

If your issue is genuine (no accidental damage), then Sony seems to be acknowledging that there is a problem and fixing the affected handsets. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 507 of 578
Message 507 of 578

auto crack my phone screen

hello sir ,my name is Mo.Asif khan my phone xperia zr c5502 is automatic 
crack on phone screen Hey I'm not any help at service center plz help me my phone number
is 

Forum Legend
Message 508 of 578
Message 508 of 578

Re: auto crack my phone screen

You need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 509 of 578
Message 509 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Hey, 

It is neither pressure or impact with anything. I've had mine for 19 months, used it all day, no falls, no pockets, no nothing.

Called me brother, then set on the table away from the reach of my 19 month old Amés.

Screen cracked at the bottom out of nowhere. I know it sounds ridiculous but... Me Experia topped itself.

I'll post pictures as soon as I charge me spare phone and will post updates on how I fare with repairing / replacing.

Toodles yetis

Highlighted
Message 510 of 578
Message 510 of 578

My xperia ZR has the same issue. The touch screen cracked on its own. And sony has no interest on acknowledge this issue and admit that its a defect in their material. Hence friends, there is only one way. File a consumer case against sony. I am proceeding for a consumer case. This is the only way.