account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 421 of 578
Message 421 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Hello,

I dont want to beat a dead horse here but I just ran across this thread. My wife got her phone in november and mines is on the way and should get it today. 

Is this problem global? Any build dates we should be looking for? Has this been fixed or is this an on going problem?

Thank you for your time, IC

Highlighted
Learner
Message 422 of 578
Message 422 of 578

It's certainly a global issue, as a quick read through the pages in this thread show. I've had mine since March 2013 and it cracked in December 2013, yet I see other peoples' phones have cracked when they're only a few days old so sadly, this looks like it's affecting all models and countries.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 423 of 578
Message 423 of 578

Same story here - single hair line crack from one side of the screen to the other - took me ten minutes to find it since it was almost invisible. Not dropped or damaged.

Vodafone refused to repair so I sent it to Sony. My repair status says 'in warranty' but also 'awaiting re-labelling' which sounds ominous.

Highlighted
Message 424 of 578
Message 424 of 578

well i had my screen n replaced last october/novenber ,only for the screen to crack again yesterday for no apparent reason again , i reallyu do give up on this phone and with sony al;together as their customer service last time around was non existent

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 425 of 578
Message 425 of 578

Well Sony are repairing mine under warranty according to the update.

Really annoyed with Vodafone - they would have charged me £200 to repair it and they flatly refused to check if there had been a policy review with Sony.

As for the phone, it's a lovely thing, but doesn't fill with confidence if folks are saying it has happened more than once.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 426 of 578
Message 426 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Same here

i got a hairline crack on the touchpanel on my phone in december

i went to the sony center but the staff is very uncooperative they did'nt even listen to me

though it wasnt my fault,the screen cracked itself the sony centre's people are asking for Rs.16000 straight away.

once i did my software update via PC suite and the wifi was'nt working but the sony employees said that the updates via pc suite does;nt count as they arent official and had a 1/2hr. argument with me about this............

my experience with sony has been Extremely bad.............

please reply and tell me something as im not gonna pay Rs.16000 for a minor repair although the fault was'nt mine....

Rookie
Message 427 of 578
Message 427 of 578

I've spoken to Sony today and they said the phone was received on the 9th and that SBE have sent a quote in the post. I told them to escalate the case as I WILL NOT pay for something that is clearly NOT my fault. I also told them to add the following notes, I WILL be contacting Trading Standards, the Telecommunications Ombudsman, BBC Watchdog and my local MP. I don't understand how a company such as Sony can't or won't accept liability, don't they realise that consumers will move away from their products. I have contacted a few independant mobile repair shops and ALL of them know of this problem.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 428 of 578
Message 428 of 578

Hello from Israel.

This poor Xperia Z was just 4 days old when I took it out of my bag in an hot israeli summer day and found the screen cracked and touch not working.

Notice the crack signature.

Israeli warrenty says its my fault and theres nothing they can do about it - Now I'm stuck with a useless device which I can't do anything with.

Gal Weissman

email removed by alexdon - no private info on the forum

Cracked Israeli Xperia Z Screen

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 429 of 578
Message 429 of 578

For those of you who need to access info on your phone, but can't because the screen is cracked, here is a solution;

Plug a USB OTG cable into the mini USB slot on your phone then plug a USB mouse into the other end of the cable. You can now use your mouse to do anything your finger would have done on the screen. You can even connect a USB keyboard if you like. Its just like having a desktop PC again. You can even connect a USB memory stick if you want and play movies from it or transfer your photos to it - es explorer is good for this.

You can buy the USB OTG cables for around £1.20 off Amazon inc postage.

Alternatively you can do this using Bluetooth keyboard if you have one.

Hope this helps.:-) 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 430 of 578
Message 430 of 578

Xperia itself cracked screens. We want is an official statement that this IS a product fault

Dear Sony,

Three weeks my Sony Xperia Z was lying on the desk. Suddenly I heard a strange noise. I thought that it might be the phone's speaker. But it wasn't. I could not unlock it, and didn't know why. After a few minutes I examined a hairline crack on my screen  which I didn't have for sure as I use my phone in cases and pockets. So i searched the forums and I discovered that I'm not alone with this problem. I had my phone on warranty and the polish service said that it is due to misuse. I was really concerned about it, cause i treated the phone like a baby. All of the community wants an official statement that it is a manufacturing problem. I'll give you some links to the petition and to Xperia blog where it was rumoured that you will repair those kinds of cracks. 

The blog:  http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s...

The petition: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-we-want-you-to-admit-that-the-xperiaz-has-a-major-over-he...

There is even a Facebook page regarded to this. : https://m.facebook.com/pages/Xperia-Z-Cracked-Screens/370754419718137?id=370754419718137&refsrc=http...

We are waiting for Sony official statement about this issue.