account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 401 of 578
Message 401 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I've just been in touch with the EE repair centre and they have quoted me £219.89 to fix my phone. I've just emailed Sony directly, told them that this is absolutely NOT physical damage and asked them to contact the repair centre to authorise my repair under warranty.

We'll see what happens!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 402 of 578
Message 402 of 578

Same problem here, mine went pig on Saturday 14th December. Had a call earlier to say that there would be a charge of £237.56 to fix it so I rang O2 and surprise, surprise they've never heard of the problem. I now have to wait for the phone to come back so I can send it to Sony.

To be honest, even if it gets fixed I won't get another Sony phone and I sure as won't stay with O2. I don't appreciate being lied to or being charged for something that is clearly not my fault. I will strongly advise my family, friends and customers to avoid both like the plague.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 403 of 578
Message 403 of 578

Message 404 of 578
Message 404 of 578

I will do my best to let everyone kniw not to buy tbis phone i had same cracks and sony did nothing about it.if you want a goid phone go apple or samsung the glass is way better never had a problem.dont buy thisphone sony is horrible with the customer survice.
Highlighted
Message 405 of 578
Message 405 of 578

Sony glass **bleep** if u cant put a phone in your pocket with out it breaking dont buy it please sony repa ok r will over charge u to fix it even tho they should have fixed problem with no charge.
Highlighted
Message 406 of 578
Message 406 of 578

They dont cover nothing anyway and it is cheaper to get it fixed elsewhere .this phone **bleep** i will never recommend anyone to buy this phone .sony really needs to look for better glass.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 407 of 578
Message 407 of 578

Re: Xperia z Screen Crack Tips

I too have got hairline crack on the display.

I bought it on 9 sept and sony gives accidental damage cover from 15 sept and now I am not supported

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 408 of 578
Message 408 of 578

I had the same issue within a day of use screen cracked by itself with a hairline crack and stopped responding I sent to SBE SONY UK , got a quote back from sony for over £240 and they claimed it was down to physical damage not a manufacturing defect , I rand sony and the agent just wouldn't listen and said I can escalate for a second opinion and that's all either pay for the screen to be replaced or £14 odd pounds for quote and transporting costs to get it back , I asked her to escalate , but then I went into chat and asked to speak to a manager and explained the situation and told him the phone is spotless and hasn't a mark anywhere , it was neither dropped or crushed and it's a manufacturing defect , he promised to ring back after getting info of the technicians and rang me 4-5 days later and I also did point out all the other people online as well as a online petition by poor little souls in the same position... And literally begged and told him it's not accident damage but a problem with their screens , he never admitted there was but promised as a good will gesture they will on this one occasion replace it , I have not received phone back yet but will update if I get lucky , all I can suggest to all you guys out there is DO NOT TAKE NO AS AN ANSWER AND FIRMLY PUSH YOUR MESSAGE TO THEM , best is luck guys if this helps please re- post as it encourage others and please do sign the online petition and help others
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 409 of 578
Message 409 of 578

Joy of joys, my Xperia Z has just randomly got a crack on the screen. Was using it for facebook on the bed, got called for dinner, carried it downstairs and it had randomly appeared!

Wish me luck people, from what it sounds like on here Sony are being real idiots with their repairs...here we go.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 410 of 578
Message 410 of 578

I have also had this problem with the screen cracking on its own, i had a screen protector on the phone and an external case but i still took the phone out of my pocket and found the crack.

I sent my phone to Sony and received the rediculous quote of £240 to fix the phone. They escalated my complaint and got a second opinion but they still did not recognise it as a manufacturing fault.  I kicked off at them and they said they only thing they can do is send my phone back to me for free. 

So i am now left with a unusable £400 phone.  

Has anyone made any further steps after receiving their phone back from Sony still cracked?