account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Visitor
Message 321 of 578
Message 321 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Hi.

I had the exact same problem. I bought the new Zr when it came out and owned it for 5 days. The glass broke during the night when it charged in the dock. It was a fine thin crack and it made the phone completely useless. So I took the phone to the dealer who CONFIRMED that it wasn`t my fault and their expertise said that the glass broke from the inside out. They sent the phone to Sony and ther expertise said it`s my fault, that they have found physical damage (which isn`t true at all).

As I have been reading these comments about cracked glasses and that Sony isn`t doing anything, i realise that there isn`t much hope for my case either. So the repairs are 180 euros. Im willing to pay for it, BUT I have just one question, before i pay the man.

WILL IT HOLD? When the repairs are done, will the new glass hold or will it happen again in the near future?

It`s dissapointing enough to have paid such amount to get the phone, that works only for five days, now the repairs. I just need to be sure that it`s worth the money.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 322 of 578
Message 322 of 578

cracked back of my new sony xperia z

one fine morning i wake up only to find a huge crack on the back of my phone.. and i absolutely don't recall dropping it or something like that. i contacted the sony xperia service centre in nagpur, india only to be blamed of breaking the phone. apparently i broke my phone so warrenty is now void (my phone is just 4 months old). hugely disappointed with sony. never buying any of its products again.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 323 of 578
Message 323 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

Mine did the same thing today. was working fine. then 1 hour later the touch screen will not work. I could not even answer the call that was coming in. When exposed to bright light I can see a small crack in the screen that is speading. Did not drop it or anything. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who can afford to fix or get another one. What do I do???????? I lost my job and cant even pay my mortgage. Im having a nervous breakdown

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 324 of 578
Message 324 of 578

Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Hello,

I am a sony (&sony ercisson ) customer for last nine years. started from K500i to Xperia ZR.

We did not have direct service centres for a long time and I still love this brand even few phones gt issues,But now i am writing this because of a painful situation.

My sony xperia ZR which is just one month old it's touchscreen glass was found broken when I took out of my pocket.There was nothing in that same pocket other than the phone.A long crack from the bottom to the upright corner.
I have taken it to the Sony service centre in Thrissur,Kerala(India) and the service engineer who took my phone for service (Anoj) is also convinced that it is not happened because of a 'Drop down' or any strong hit.Theres NO any damage to the case or the body of the phone,not even a damaged to the Screen protector which is over the glass.

After waiting today when i contacted the service centre,they told their higher authority (they said chennai) are not allowing it to give me a replacement with warranty and NOT EVEN A REPAIR even if the customer is ready to pay!! And asked them to say it happened because of my fault.When theres NO physicaly any DENTS ,NOR SHATTERING.it is just a long crack from the bottom to the up right corner!!I am so surprised and disappointed about the reply which i got from them.Service centre people said I will have to pay half the price of the phone and they can give me a new phone and they cannot force their superior authority from the customer's side!

What I have read from Sony support pages is If the service centre is convinced and If the damage is not because of a dropping down,it is covered under the warranty.This is painful to get a reply like that because I have spent 29k INR for this Sony product and its just one month old.I cannot afford throwing away this amount.

It is very disappointing they said its not a reapairable phone.I dont believe Sony will make a product which is not repairable.Sony service centre people said its touch screen is not repairable,meanwhile the same touchscreen and display parts are available in Middle east and other countries.I am not here to point my fingure to anybodys fault,But I really need a positive solution.

Hope I will get a positive response from Sony,if it is a problem with the wrong decision they gave me.Please give me a solution as soon as possible,under warranty.

Thanks,
Arshad Aboobacker
Sony Xperia ZR (C5502). IMEI no: 356603051191741
Job number : W113103000866

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 325 of 578
Message 325 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

The service centre people said.The decision made by some higher authorised person asked them to give me a response that ''IT WAS CUSTOMERS FAULT''(when the service engineer is convinced and mailed the authority). And they dont usually cover the damages like this,when this product has no physical dents on its case,not a pinpoint shatter on the glass.just a long crack! And theres not even a single scratch on this phone.

Hope sony support will provide me a solution.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 326 of 578
Message 326 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I've just had this exact same problem with my 4-month old Xperia UL.  Last night I pulled my phone from my pocket and found the touch screen was completely unresponsive.  When I got it home, I looked more closely, and there are cracks across the entire top face of the screen orginating about 1cm above the power switch.  My phone was enclosed in a rubber protective case.  It has never been dropped.  There was nothing else in my pocket with the phone.  And, at no point did anything impact the phone while it was in my pocket.  I searched Google for this problem, and there are many other people with this exact same situation all over, all around the world.  Sony is going to have to own up to the fact that this is a manufacturing defect and not just a clumsy bunch of people who all happened to buy the same model of phone.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 327 of 578
Message 327 of 578

Thats sad to hear. But what i have realized till now is Sony is just trying to cover up their design flaws and manufacturing defects by blaming the customer. I have read many people here reporting the cracked glass problem without subjecting their phones to any kind of physical abuse. Which surely means that its a manufacturing material flaw.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-z-glass-back-cracked-on-it-s-own/td-p/321733/pag...

But believe me their support and service is worse specially in India.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/WORST-SERVICE-BY-SONY-INDIA/td-p/357228

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Small-spots-on-pictures-while-using-camera/m-p/423789#M...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Bad-replacement-service-by-sony-India/m-p/427779#M21793

So dont expect much help.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 328 of 578
Message 328 of 578

Sorry to hear about your phone.

I can unfortunately not see anything on your servicenumber as this is handled by local support. I recommend that you contact your local Sony Xperia support for assistance in this case: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Regarding the warranty, also see my response in this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Regd-Xperia-ZR-Screen-PDA-warranty/m-p/417713

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 329 of 578
Message 329 of 578

TICKET NO : 13103000866

DATE: 3-TH OCTOBER 2013

JOB NUMBER: W113103000866

IMEI NO: 3566 03051191741

SI NUMBER: 12726333

It is there,can u check with these details.I just called and confirmed it is still there

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 330 of 578
Message 330 of 578

broken.jpg