account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 578
Message 10 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

480Euros, that's as much as buying a new Xperia Z.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 11 of 578
Message 11 of 578

A little bit cheaper than buying a new one here in Norway. The insurance company demanded it repaired because it was only 2 days old when i broke it

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 12 of 578
Message 12 of 578

its $630USD / 480Euros here in the US (tax and shipping included)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 578
Message 13 of 578

Screen problem (crack?)

There is a crack in the screen of my Experia Z,it's not in the glass but under it,i'm not very technical on phones so how can this happen?it's not been dropped or crushed and there isn't a mark on the outside so i cant understand how it'd happened?

I had iphones for years without breaking a screen but suffered with dirt and water ingress, so when the Experia Z was release it was meant to be the most robust phone on the market and i thought it was for me. Less than 2 months of having the phone i have this problem and Sony have said it's not warranty and i must send it for repair. £480 for a phone that looks like its made from Toffee??

Has anyone else experienced screen trouble?

Emperor
Message 14 of 578
Message 14 of 578

Re: Screen problem (crack?)

can you post a picture, the glass its the digitizer, under it is the screen itself

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 578
Message 15 of 578

I think its the similar case. My Xperia Z is less than a month old. Yesterday, I put the phone for charging and got some notification sounds a couple of times because of which I immediately removed the charger just to be safe. I then see the back glass cracked from inside very badly. The phone does not seem to be on as well not sure. I am going to the Sony centre now to get it checked. It is absolutely heart breaking to see your brand new dream phone crack with no fault of yours. The reason seems mysterious!!! I am soo disappointed and broken and unable to think of anything else!!! My new phone!!! Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 16 of 578
Message 16 of 578

could you post a picture of the crack?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 578
Message 17 of 578

IMG00007-20130507-1040.jpgIMG00009-20130507-1041.jpgIMG00008-20130507-1041.jpg

It is not A Crack! Slightly frowning Face many!!.. Please help.. Is it a problem with the Sony charger that caused this? I have not tried to charge the phone after this. Please help. I will go to the local Sony center after a couple of hours.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 18 of 578
Message 18 of 578

umm, I don't see how will the charger would do that. you can see the point of "impact" on the micro SD flap/port not the usb port, you can also see that it was either hit on that corner or it was put under a lot of pressure.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 578
Message 19 of 578

I do not understand.. There was no external pressure absolutely. It was in front of my eyes while I put it to charge and I handle it like I would do a baby! yea - the main crack is near the micro SD slot. USB port is right next to it too.. is it like some kind of temp change within, some kind of surge or something? I do not have that kind of technical background to judge..  I just googled and came across similar experiences but no one seem to be clear.. Will teh sony centre able to determine that when they examine? What do you think would be my solution?!! I cant express what I am going through.. This was one phone I bought and have been attached with like crazy! If it was my previous one S3, I would not have been so bothered may be.. Any advice ? I would leave now to S Centre during my lunch break.. Hope they can figure out why its not working as well..