account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia with Facebook app after update not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 38
Message 11 of 38

Re: Xperia with Facebook app after update not working

Why oh why have Sony done this, one step forward and two steps back? I now have a stupid generic silhouette when people call too!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 12 of 38
Message 12 of 38

xperia with facebook contact sync not working after the new update

after the new update 4.4,4 i canot sync the contacts with xperia with facebook.under app using accounts in the xperia with facebook i cannot find the contact i only find the calender  while i see the contact sync option in facebook account only.any help? 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 38
Message 13 of 38

Re: Xperia with Facebook app after update not working

In the new version, Xperia with Facebook no longer syncs contacts. I'm not sure why this has been removed but it may be related to that this feature is already present in the Facebook app and you can enable synchronization of contacts under Settings -> Facebook.

I will forward the issue with birthdays for further investigation.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 38
Message 14 of 38

Facebook Syncing

The events in the Calendar doesn't show up, birthdays from Facebook also cannot be seen in the calendar app even after syncing. And Contacts gets Poor quality pictures after syncing from Facebook, I didn't have these issues in my previous xperia V jelly bean.
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 38
Message 15 of 38

Re: Facebook Syncing

I have received the information that Xperia with Facebook is in the process of being phased out and some functionality have already been removed. Therefore the exact functionality is dependent on which device and software you have.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
rnc
Apprentice
Message 16 of 38
Message 16 of 38

With my Sony Z2 *after* the 4.4.4 update I no longer get high resoution photographs in contacts. I also am not seeing calendar events from Facebook correctly.

I don't know why you would be deprecating an extremely useful application. As may be seen from the deluge of messages this provided some useful integration that is not possible to achieve another way.

Can you feed back to development and management that we would like it back again and working please?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 38
Message 17 of 38

The information i got says that this is because of changes on Facebook which is limiting the synchronization possibilities in their interface.

Highlighted
rnc
Apprentice
Message 18 of 38
Message 18 of 38

Even without high resolution contact pictures its obvious from looking that e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shadowfury.facebookcalendarsync&hl=en calendar sync is still possible.

Which means that the developers really haven't looked that hard!

Interestingly they still syncing events but are not syncing birthdays.

Can I reiterate - the calender syncing is essential and I would consider the loss of it a show-stopper bug. I would class it as data-loss and therefore significant.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 38
Message 19 of 38

I'm not sure if it refers to changes made or upcoming changes but i will of course forward your feedback.

Currently Xperia with Facebook supports calendar (not birthdays), Album and TextInput but depending on phone model and software version you may have more functionality which still works.

Xperia with Facebook no longer synchronizes contact pictures. It's done by Facebooks app now and it uses a lower resolution.

Highlighted
rnc
Apprentice
Message 20 of 38
Message 20 of 38

Rickard,

Thanks for the reply.

After experimenting with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shadowfury.facebookcalendarsync&hl=en I can confirm it works perfectly (and in fact provides more features than the old Xperia with Facebook).

Its just annoying that I have to install another third party app to fix Sony's software ;-)