account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZQ C6503 rebooting after battery replacement

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia ZQ C6503 rebooting after battery replacement

Hello all.

I have an Xperia ZQ C6503 and today I replaced its battery.

Now I am trying to charge it but I see that xperia is continuously rebooting after plug the charger as below:

red led turns on > Sony Xperia logo appears on screen > off > red led turns on > Sony Xperia logo ...

I tried to press volume + on button during 10s and I see that the red led blinks 3 times but the phone is not started.

Do I have to do something different in this case of battery replacement?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Xperia ZQ C6503 rebooting after battery replacement

Hello.

Thank you very much about the tips, however the problem still remains on my device.

I am sending it to sony techinical support team.

Samuel.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi

You may try repairing your software using PC COMPANION, hope your battery is completely down.!

You can use our programs, PC Companion (PC) or Bridge for Mac (Mac) to scan, install and repair phone software.

PC Companion is your general managing program for the phone if you’re running on a PC computer.
PC Companion has several other features besides updating software such as backup, sync etc.

Update Service is a simple program for just updating and/or reinstalling your phone software.

Bridge for Mac is the alternative for our Mac users. It’s similar to PC Companion. Bridge for Mac lets you, update the phone software, transfer/sync media files and backup your phone.

If you experience any problems doing a software update via computer, please check the following.

-       USB ports. If you don’t get any connection with the phone try to connect your USB cable to another USB port on your computer. If you’re using USB 3.0 ports make sure that you have installed the main board manufacturer drivers for them. Still not working please see the USB connection FAQ topic.

-       Internet connection. If your Internet connection is using a Proxy please check that the Proxy settings are correct in PC Companion by going to Settings for PC Companion in the top right corner > Proxy settings.

-       Firewall. Please make sure that no firewall blocks Internet communication. Check ignores list or temporarily disable the protection when doing the update.

-       Anti-Virus. Please check that no security software is blocking the program from running or communicating with the Internet.

If you get a message saying that your phone already has the latest software even if you have seen on the web that a later software version is available, this might not be an error. But as described above, it might not be released for your device just yet. Reasons for this please see beginning of this post.

If you have read the above, tried the tips and still experience any issue please feel free to participate in any of the ongoing discussion topics here on our forum. 

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi

If your battery is completely down, try to boost with an external charger, it can happen because of battery fault too.

Try using another battery, if everything fails, contact sony repair centre.

You may contact your local Sony support team reagrding this matter?

http://support.sonymobile.com/in/contactUs/

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hello.

Thank you very much about the tips, however the problem still remains on my device.

I am sending it to sony techinical support team.

Samuel.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Please update when you know something, this suggests Lollypop is the culprit, I'm loath to start my rebuild until I know if it actually is the battery, in your case it suggests the O/S is crooked and if so why hasn't Sony offered a roll back or an update to fix it yet.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

If it's re-booting with the new battery the battery is either dead or discharged,

If anyone else gets this try this

Hold power,vol up until 3 vibes, release,

Unclip the battery terminal in the phone, just the tab,

Leave 1 minute

Reconnect battery terminal tab

Connect charger, don't turn on and allow charging

Check charging by heat from phone, no heat no charge, luke warm shows charge going in, hot shows there's a problem,

Recommend roll back to 4.4.4 if you can.