account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5, Youtube/Netflix problem with bluetooth audio

Highlighted
NvZ
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z5, Youtube/Netflix problem with bluetooth audio

Alooha,

I experience the following problem with my Xperia Z5 while playing YouTube and Netflix movies.

Everything works well when I watch youtube or netflix movies and use the internal speaker, through either Wi-Fi or LTE.

The problem arises when I make a Bluetooth connection with my hearing aid, from that moment on both YouTube and Netflix every few minutes freeze and had to buffer/load ?

The annoying thing is that when the video stops the audio signal falls away and when video resumes I will miss a piece of audio, because there is a slight delay in making the Bluetooth audio connection.

It seems that the phone has trouble with simultaneous playback of video and Bluetooth audio

Have already looked in the stamina settings whether I could change something, but no solutions there.

Perhaps that there are people here who can show the right direction where I could look for it.

Thank you in advance for thinking and contribute to a solution to this problem.

Kind regards,

Nico

1 REPLY 1
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z5, Youtube/Netflix problem with bluetooth audio

Hi,

There have been some similar reports regarding this where we have collected log files from users to investigate if this is something that we can solve from our end. I suggest that you keep an eye in the following thread where we will update as soon as we have further information:
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5-Bluetooth-turns-it-self-off/td-p/1...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.