account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Premium Maximum 4K video playback bitrate supported

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z5 Premium Maximum 4K video playback bitrate supported

You know the Album app is the only app that supports native 4K video Playback on the Z5P, however, i´ve encountered an issue reproducing a Movie on 4K, the movie is on .mkv h.265 coded an it weights 50+GB, the phone just can´t handle it, the Album app will not play it nor any other media players out there, so i´m converting the video to mp4 h.264 but i´m not sure what´s the maximum bitrate supported by the phone so it won´t break, the convertion takes around 6 hours so i would like to get it right on the first try 

i can´t find this information anywhere

if you know it i would SOOOOO appreciate the info 

1 REPLY 1
Adept
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium Maximum 4K video playback bitrate supported

Not sure if this is of any use to you, but i did a google search and came up with this. Take a look might have the answer you are looking for.

https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5_premium-review-1344p8.php

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato