account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 101 of 146
Message 101 of 146

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Sony, please respond why do we update our phones to lose even more power than before... And what can I do with a Z5 needed to be charged 2-3 times a day???? 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 102 of 146
Message 102 of 146

After latest nougat update (32.4.A.1.54), the doze is not functioning proper it seems. Battery is draining very fast in phone idle, battery performance was very good before that. But one small joy with this update is the phone is operating more smoothly than before. But 😢battery life is worrying me. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 103 of 146
Message 103 of 146

Just chiming in here for statistics' sake...

Ever since updating to Nougat, my Z5C battery life dropped from two full days to about 8-10 hours.

I typically don't call much, use wifi for surfing and control a bit, have _very_ few extra apps, don't call much, do hang in LTE. More to the point, none of this changed - the update happened, battery life dropped drastically.

32.4.A.1.54 since yesterday doesn't seem to change much. Phone running 4 hours after charging, no screen time (just online), 65% battery left. 

Sony, please acknowledge the problem. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 104 of 146
Message 104 of 146

Have any of you guys tried to disable the movie maker app? I havent experienced any draining issues on my Sony Z5 E6653 but i do have this app disabled and its been mentioned this can solve battery issues worth a try?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 105 of 146
Message 105 of 146

Today I tried that option disabled the movie maker app @6am morning with battery percentage 56%, when checked in evening @4:30 with most of the time phone is idle the battery was 46%. It seems less than previous  firmware version standby time.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 106 of 146
Message 106 of 146

@Venkat1 wrote:

@Today I tried that option disabled the movie maker app @6am morning with battery percentage 56%, when checked in evening @4:30 with most of the time phone is idle the battery was 46%. It seems less than previous  firmware version standby time.

Have you got your display set to optimise as well? this also seems to reduce battery use. Phone was on 100% 7am now 14:50PM used 1 hr 54 display time in total battery now on 75% havent charged it since either. This includes 30 mins on my break playing "Hades Star" for me this is pretty good. I guess it also depends on apps in the BG i hardly have any apps to be fair apart from the usual FB,Snap,Whatapp odd game or two.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 107 of 146
Message 107 of 146

My display always set to optimize level and adaptive brightness is on. I am not playing any games in my Z5. No FB only whatsapp and BBC app. But today I didnot even take my mobile with me. Have to monitor more about battery life. Will update about any improvement. 

Adept
Message 108 of 146
Message 108 of 146

@Venkat1 wrote:

My display always set to optimize level and adaptive brightness is on. I am not playing any games in my Z5. No FB only whatsapp and BBC app. But today I didnot even take my mobile with me. Have to monitor more about battery life. Will update about any improvement. 

I forgot to ask what model do you have? i am using the E6653 standard Z5, maybe other models slightly different, like the dual or premium would use a bit more power i would imagine?

Good luck.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 109 of 146
Message 109 of 146

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 110 of 146
Message 110 of 146

My model is E6633 Z5 dual sim model bought in middle east.