account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 91 of 146
Message 91 of 146

Re: Recover from accidental reset

@1ba

I don't quite understand, the title states that you are trying to recover from an "accidental reset"

but the text states something different

@1ba wrote:

I want reset my phone to have the latest software but it couldn't 

Which one is it?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
0l
One time poster
Message 92 of 146
Message 92 of 146

Re: latest software

I want help to get the latest software 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 93 of 146
Message 93 of 146

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery drain After Updating to Nougat 7.1.1

I have the same problem too after updating to 7.1.1. 

Even the battery level is at 90% it shuts down and says low battery. 

To turning it on I have to plugged it on a battery charger.

Please solve it quickly because I can not go everywhere with a power bank plug 24/7. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 94 of 146
Message 94 of 146

Since Sony has not seen fit to respond in the forums to alle the issues following the 7.1.1 update, i decided to send it in for a warranty repair. Hopefully that will help.

Learner
Message 95 of 146
Message 95 of 146

Yap. Car bluetooth with z5 works strange, with issues. Ex: sometime sound not exist in music / youtube app, or when phone ring, in car not play ring tone. I'll newer have trouble when talk to phone. Yah, someting here.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 96 of 146
Message 96 of 146

I'm not surpriced to have the phone returned from the repair shop with them stating that there is nothing wrong with the hardware, after running tests.

All though Sony insists on this poor customer service, by refusing that there even is an issue with the 7.1.1 update to z5c, in way of not wanting to reply to any posts that reports overheating issues, it is quite clear to anyone affected by the issue that there is one. And no amount of resetting and reinstalling the operating system will fix it. They have lost a customer in me and quite a lot of others in this. I will not buy a Sony phone when the contract on this one runs out in a month.

I could have lived with the message that it would take 1-2 months to release a fix for this, if they informed us they were working on it, but leaving us with unstable phones for 1-2 months without any proper information about if this is being worked on.... A professional company would not do that.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 97 of 146
Message 97 of 146

@Diablos1 wrote:

I'm not surpriced to have the phone returned from the repair shop with them stating that there is nothing wrong with the hardware, after running tests.

All though Sony insists on this poor customer service, by refusing that there even is an issue with the 7.1.1 update to z5c, in way of not wanting to reply to any posts that reports overheating issues, it is quite clear to anyone affected by the issue that there is one. And no amount of resetting and reinstalling the operating system will fix it. They have lost a customer in me and quite a lot of others in this. I will not buy a Sony phone when the contract on this one runs out in a month.

I could have lived with the message that it would take 1-2 months to release a fix for this, if they informed us they were working on it, but leaving us with unstable phones for 1-2 months without any proper information about if this is being worked on.... A professional company would not do that.

Same here.  They returned the device with "no fault found" but it was overheating, so there's clearly a fault.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 98 of 146
Message 98 of 146

@Diablos1 wrote:

Very true. A company from a nation who are famous for their workmanship in electronic devices and for customer relationship it is not expected. Shane on you Sony. 

Also what's the point in creating a forum at which nobody from the company is even bothered to look at!! They are thinking that "what a customer will do?, They will say, say and say and then will keep mum" 

This is a very wrong approach to treat customers, Sony. 

Why can't you at least respond that we are working on it..

Highlighted
Regular
Message 99 of 146
Message 99 of 146

At last software update (v. 32.4.A.1.54) available for our Xperia Z5 device. Have to see what's inside :p 

Let's see we're jumping out of the frying pan Hope we don't land into Fire......

Highlighted
Learner
Message 100 of 146
Message 100 of 146

Battery drain after latest 7.1.1 update on z5 premium

battery is draining very fast after latest update 32.4.A.1.54 .  on android marshmellow the screen on time i had on my z5 premium was 5-6 hours now i can barely reach 3 hours . please fix it sony !!!