account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Battery and performance issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 11 of 37
Message 11 of 37

Xperia Z5 Compact Poor Battery After Marshmallow

Since updating to Marshmallow my battery life has halved!

I would always be in Stamina mode back in the Lollipop days so I'm not sure if that's the only issue.  I haven't messed with the battery settings so all apps are optimised.  I've restarted my phone (which took off another 2 hours!) and no changes there.

Anyone else having this problem and know a fix?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 12 of 37
Message 12 of 37

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact Poor Battery After Marshmallow

@Sandroids

Check the suggestions on this post and report back. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 13 of 37
Message 13 of 37

After trying suggestions in the thread and recording results, I suggest you switch your mobile network preferred type (under "Mobile network settings) from 4G/LTE preferred to WCDMA preferred and observe the change.

You'll probably notice consistent stable connectivity as shown in the 'Mobile networik signal' under battery history details, as well as improved battery life amongst others.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 14 of 37
Message 14 of 37

Re: Xperia Z5 Battery and performance issue

Ok, så here are my "nightly battery usage"https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwiklyH-JNsfLVh5QllEamsxblk . As you can see, that from.01:00 to 06:20 it has used some what of 36%, whilst having no open apps, right after a reboot also (did this during 100% and charging). As you can see, the phone is active almost all the time, with on/off as a constant "feature".. 😝 I do not think I will drain it to 10% now, but when I get to work, I will charge to 100, and boot in safe mode. Let it stay unused for most of the time, and report back afther I have booted again and let it stay for 2 hours again. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Br Halvor

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 15 of 37
Message 15 of 37

@Halvor1

Keep us updated, as of right now, you are right, something is keeping your phone awake, and also the network coverage its poor.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 37
Message 16 of 37

Hi, Well, here it is.

I have had 2..2.5 hors of use in safe mode, seen here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwiklyH-JNsfb3dEV0F0RmEwR0k

I have then been using not in safe mode, seen here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwiklyH-JNsfb3dEV0F0RmEwR0k

It seem to be active still in safe mode, I used it a bit, but it is still active while I am not using it, wich I mean it souldn`t. 
I have as usual, not apps active in multitasking, an always exit them when finished with useing them. But what i dont seem to get, is why it lieas about what uses battery, and to what exstent. Because when I add it all up, I will not even get near what the actual powerconsumtion is, which makes me belive that it is a system error/failiure. But Reset, restart, safeboot, factory reset, reinstall, don`t seem to fix it... 

Br Halvor

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 17 of 37
Message 17 of 37

@Syncr0s wrote:

After trying suggestions in the thread and recording results, I suggest you switch your mobile network preferred type (under "Mobile network settings) from 4G/LTE preferred to WCDMA preferred and observe the change.

You'll probably notice consistent stable connectivity as shown in the 'Mobile networik signal' under battery history details, as well as improved battery life amongst others.

I think that's actually done it - thanks :smileysmileythumbsup:

I'll try it for a bit more and then switch back to 4G/LTE preferred and see if that is actually what was causing it.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 37
Message 18 of 37

@Halvor1

Could you try to turn off WiFi in your phone and see if this still happens?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 19 of 37
Message 19 of 37

Hi,
I have tried this, but that does not change it. But thanks to this, I have recently discovered that if I turn of both Wifi and cellular, then it will stop using power. I would think that this means that it is an app causing this, and use network all the time. But since I reinstalled it many times, and did a safe boot, I remain in question that it is eother the phones Wifi antenna that is poor, and cellular. This, or an preinstalled app..? I am almost always in 2-9 meters of wifi base, and about 200 meters from cellular tower ( cdma, edge and lte). As of this, I will not try to disable the apps that I can, and see which one of them is doing this. If it is none of the standard ones, I think I have got a defective unit. I see that there is a new software update atleast for the z5 compact, and then probably the plain z5 also. Thank you all for helping me out!
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 20 of 37
Message 20 of 37

But I have a nother question. It's not that important, but one the commercials, there is a way to get black statusbar icons. I have not been able to do that. Anyone know how to?