account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3+ camera button and power button rattle noise

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Z3+ camera button and power button rattle noise

I've noticed the buttons on the phone rattle slightly when phone is shaken is this normal for them to be kind of loose?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Xperia Z3+ camera button and power button rattle noise

Yes, they do rattle a bit if you 'flick' them with your finger, and you can just about hear them rattling if you tap the phone. It's one of the first things I noticed after 'upgrading' from my Z1 to a Z3+

I definately preferred the Z1's buttons, although at least on the Z3+ the photo button is easier to press.

Overall though, it's not a problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@92 - I have just tested a couple of units here and can not replicate this. With this being the case it would be worth speaking with your local Xperia Care team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yes, they do rattle a bit if you 'flick' them with your finger, and you can just about hear them rattling if you tap the phone. It's one of the first things I noticed after 'upgrading' from my Z1 to a Z3+

I definately preferred the Z1's buttons, although at least on the Z3+ the photo button is easier to press.

Overall though, it's not a problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your reply. Yea was looking at my old z and the buttons are solid and don't move at all so was just wondering. Maybe that's how they are designed.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I spoke to a lady called jess on the live chat and she confirmed they are normal "I have read through you query and I can advise that the buttons will be slightly loose and may make a rattling sound. They are not completely solid/firm"
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Yeah, i can confirm that. My volume, camera and power buttons are rattling aswell.. All i wonder, will that have an impact on waterproofing?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Waterproofing is fine. Have mine in water all the time when I rinse under sink... Could u test something for me and let me know if u experience the same... Rinse your phone under tap make sure u rinse all the buttons and then see if they rattle? Mine stop rattling until their dry and then rattle again