account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 battery runs out very fast after 6.0.1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 61 of 113
Message 61 of 113

Re: Xperia Z3 battery runs out very fast after 6.0.1

I have had Marshmellow running for a couple of weeks now and can say that the battery life is indeed terrible compared to before the 'upgrade'   

I was hoping that there might be an improvement once the phone has settled down after the upgrade during normal usage but I have now actually run the battery flat within a day, which has never happened to me before since I purchased the Z3

There have been some reports of Stamina coming back in a future release but right now without it my Z3 is frustrating to say the least 

Can Sony let us know at what stage this will be on general release ? 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 62 of 113
Message 62 of 113

Same battery problem here with my Z3, it drains much, much faster after the update to MM

I would like to be an option to rollback to the previous version of android because we want changes to be positive not negative!

I bought this phone specialy for the battery life and now is 20-30% less efficient and I am very disapointed.

Please Sony fix this problem!

Learner
Message 63 of 113
Message 63 of 113

I have battery problems since 6.0.1, but not huge. It lasts through a day, not 2 days like it used to. Full factory reset did nothing to help, i did not restore anything, it was set up as brand new so i could eliminate any settings errors.

Android System keeps the phone awake non stop. It's actually great how long it lasts considering it never sleeps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68ikwvacvnau1uh/Screenshot_20160702-111221.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mjrnuhust65jpo/Screenshot_20160702-111228.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayb50d9agrvu6vh/Screenshot_20160702-111240.png?dl=0

Wifi always on, even though it's not, i have great 4G coverage and plan so i use it only for system updates and Chromecast, which is rare. But i had that even before M, even with "Let apps use wifi to scan for location" turned off.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 64 of 113
Message 64 of 113

I want to share a few problems that I experienced since the update to Android 6.0.1

First and most important is battery life wich has been a huge downgrade 25-30% faster drain

App switch crash almost every time I press it when I'm in a app and not on homescreen and I must press multiple time to switch betwen apps and the app reloads wich causes to lose any data input

I must restart my device almost every day or two because my ringtone fail to work even in the ringtone menu (Doesn't play) and when someone is calling only thing that happens is displaying the name or number on the screen same with the vibrations

Cannot dismiss native apps update notifications wich is very annoying.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 65 of 113
Message 65 of 113

I was about to buy this phone. Guess not anymore...
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 66 of 113
Message 66 of 113

No: I use to recomend this phone to lots of my friends / or people that I've meet and ask about my phone (their not to popular in the U.S.) but, now I'd be remisssed to consider recomending this phone to others: They'd "dis-own" me.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 67 of 113
Message 67 of 113

My battery life seems OK today

At the weekend I disabled (reverted to factory version when they asked):

Google App

Google Play games

Google Play newstand

Google Play services

Google+

Then re-enabled them

*WARNING: WILL SCUPPER YOUR APPS*

Then I went to app permissions and reset all

Now I had the difficult task of getting everything back (IE all my contacts were gone)

Once Im sure all the Google background things were working, I went through apps one by one setting their permissions (for instance; Whatsapp had no ID for phone numbers.. I had to allow it to see CONTACTS).. I also had to remove my google account and re-add it a couple times as everything was going bananas, it was a bit of a nightmare. Finally managed to re-sync calenders and other cloud stuff

So somehow this seemed to allow the phone to Doze.. I didnt have apps trying to use GPS all the time or Facebook Messenger (deleted this - its awful for battery life) sitting in the background prodding the CPU awake..

If you know what youre doing you could probably check for "wakelocks" (app on play store, theres a way to do this on non-rooted phones), as it seems a lot of apps can keep your CPU awake

I never learn when it comes to software updates. Every time its a disaster, although this particular one is so bad that I almost bought a new phone

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 68 of 113
Message 68 of 113

Have the same problem. Phone went from 80% to 20% last night over 6 hr. No more stamina mode option I can see. Running like my old phone now. Please help
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 69 of 113
Message 69 of 113

I have a similar situation and i just bought the phone Z3 plus dual sim, with only one sim inserted
Highlighted
Learner
Message 70 of 113
Message 70 of 113

Disable Photo Analyzer application