account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

Hi All,

My Z5 wont switch on unless recharging. I have tried the volume up button and holding the on/off button but nothing. Please help need my phone for work purposes. Many thanks πŸ˜€ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Xperia Z1 frozen with blank screen and wont switch off or on

No problem it was worth a try, they always suggest trying to boot safe mode. As you clearly cant i think you only have two options left.

First option is a software repair the phone doesnt need to be on for this to work guide is below, bear in mind it will wipe your data so if possible do try and backup the phone if not you might have to accept losing data to try this option.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion/td-p/11030...

If that runs and doesnt work your next option is to send it off to your local sony repair center.

https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/repair/

As you mentioned one of the volume keys is no longer working is the buttom not going in anymore? if so to get this repaired it would have to be sent off.

Hope this helps and good luck Slightly smiling Face

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Adept
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@Kaz23 wrote:

Hi All,

My Z5 wont switch on unless recharging. I have tried the volume up button and holding the on/off button but nothing. Please help need my phone for work purposes. Many thanks πŸ˜€ 

Can you see if you are able to boot your phone into safe mode with this guide

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008

If stilll no luck, it might be best to run software repair. This can be done by connecting your phone up to your PC and running the sony companion app. Then select software repair. Please be aware this will wipe data though and i know you might be unable to back your phone up but if possible would be worth doing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello lovely helper. I would love to be able to do that but cant even get to the point of the first screen. When I hold on the on/off button it doesnt do anything. And now I have noticed my volume key doesn't work either. Its stuck on max volume πŸ˜• the only reason I can type this is that I put it on charge then when the screen lights up I take it off charge and quickly type or use my phone. If I leave it to time out and it goes to the black screen I have to charge it again to get it to light up for me πŸ€”.. Any other suggestions? Had no issues until now.. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

No problem it was worth a try, they always suggest trying to boot safe mode. As you clearly cant i think you only have two options left.

First option is a software repair the phone doesnt need to be on for this to work guide is below, bear in mind it will wipe your data so if possible do try and backup the phone if not you might have to accept losing data to try this option.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion/td-p/11030...

If that runs and doesnt work your next option is to send it off to your local sony repair center.

https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/repair/

As you mentioned one of the volume keys is no longer working is the buttom not going in anymore? if so to get this repaired it would have to be sent off.

Hope this helps and good luck Slightly smiling Face

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much for your assistance will try the first then if not send it off πŸ˜€