account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 camera issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 71 of 79
Message 71 of 79

Re: Xperia Z1 camera issue

i seem to be getting "flash burnout". As Sony sent me a refurbphone from a previous problem, i dont know wether the protective film i discovered on the fones back is original to the phone (ie sony) or missed being removed when they sent it to me. However, i have trimmed away about an inch square from the lens and flash and im still getting what i would call burn out. Ive been careful to avoid fingers in way as well. If you look carefully, the burnout area is almost circular (or part of a circle at any rate). Ill try to post some examples.

I have used manual settings, superior, flash on and off etc etc, but its dam annoying that im gonna be taking low light photos at some time and im gonna get this blur/burn out if the flash is on or auto.

Just in case, im using a White Z1 which was updated to 4.4.4 when sent to me from Sony repair. Thanks nigel

DSC_0315.JPG

WITH FLASH

DSC_0311.JPG

WITHOUT FLASH

DSC_0310.JPG

WITH FLASH

DSC_0314.JPG

Highlighted
Learner
Message 72 of 79
Message 72 of 79

BUMP
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 73 of 79
Message 73 of 79

@nigel129129 Do send it back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 74 of 79
Message 74 of 79

Nigel. Ihan have sama problem with my brand new Z3. All pics with flash are "blue". Let me know what happens.. Waiting for Sony answers. Worst camera ever.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 75 of 79
Message 75 of 79

It looks like the flash is interfering with the face of the lens.I don't know if the housing on the Z3 is the same as my Z1 but i am wondering if the glass casing on the back is allowing light to travel an interfere with the lens ? My problem was solved with a sharpie but wasn't permanent and would eventually wear away, custom settings instead of iAuto seems to work better.Try ev+-0,  wb auto, flash auto, 15.5MP (for some reason it defaulted to 2MP?!) and scene (SCN) set to off in manual settings and see if that improves it? i don't know much about camera settings to be honest but just tried that and I got a good quality picture with little to no flare.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 76 of 79
Message 76 of 79

I also have the same problem when taking pictures with camera flash. Please give the solution to this problem.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 77 of 79
Message 77 of 79

Noticing the same issues with the camera as well
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 78 of 79
Message 78 of 79

BUMP

Visitor
Message 79 of 79
Message 79 of 79

I've the same problem.

I've juste bougth the new Z1, and got very disapointed with the grainy photos.

Does, anyone got a feedback from Sony??

Thanks