account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z - Error Ocurred During Tethering

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Xperia Z - Error Ocurred During Tethering

Dear All,

I am in trouble due to tethering error on my Xperia Z. I have checked all the disscussions. I have asked assistance of Sony Customer Care in Turkey. I tried all the recommendations. No solution yet. As far as I understand, you are also experienced on this problem. If you find a solution, please share with the community too.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Re: Xperia Z - Error Ocurred During Tethering

Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that, I have tried with another operator's (Avea TR) sim card and internet tethering function has worked. It seems that, there is an incompatibility problem between Turkcell TR and Xperia Z. Or, Turkcell TR is applying a hidden restriction to Xperia Z.  This restriction even may be intentionally in my opinion.

Thanks for all your assistance.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

did you flash/modify any files system files?

Back up your files and apss then

Try repairing it with Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service, and see if the problem still persist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your Xperia having software issues? Repair it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting. Remember to back up your data before proceeding.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

No, I did not modify original SW.

Sony customer care also recommended repairing SW. (reinstall of original SW by Sony PC Companion) I did, but, no solution.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

that error happens only when you are not connected to any data network.

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

No, I am able to use internet on the Phone. Data network is working. iPhone internet tethering is working in the same room with the same sim card.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

k sometimes i do get the message while tethering.. but still i am able to connect detect its network. please check if its been made discoverable

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

After tethering function is ON, I am able to connect my notebook to Xperia Z wifi hotspot. But, no internet on the PC. (only local network is working)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I recommend you to try it with different SIM. just give it a try

Highlighted
Genius
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

some mobile operators do not allow tethering on their network - contact your carrier to confirm

also I have heard on certain types of devices (none android) this blocking can be ineffective

e.g. link below

http://www.fergeeks.com/mobile/tether-t-mobile-unlimited-4g-blocked/

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

I tried another sim card from the same operator. It is not working. Another sim card from another operator will be delivered tomorrow. I will check and share the result.