account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Will Z3 jack connector broke again?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Will Z3 jack connector broke again?

Good evening. I'm posting this weird thread because I got an hardware fall on my SECOND Xperia Z3 Compact, for the SECOND time on the jack connector for headphones. This sound kind of apocalyptic to me, 'cause I use my phones for 70% as music player, and there's why I decided to go with Sony after 4 years of using my Galaxy S1 (thant never had hardware problems. NEVER. Jack connector perfectly working after 4 years of usage). Since I found beauftiful my Z3C's performance, interface, ALL - I'd really like to mantain my choose on Sony Xperia Z3 line (not the plus, not the furnace 810, please), so

my question is: will the jack connector in the Sony Xperia Z3 (NOT COMPACT) I'm going to buy stop working in 1 ~ 2 months of usage?

Sorry for the eventual "bad english" and hope to ear you soon.

Oh, and... nope. I'm not a troll. Just a person who don't like to waste money that easily.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Will Z3 jack connector broke again?

@AlisGelida

I haven't encounter this issue with any of all my Xperias, I don't know how you use it but perhaps you are putting too much pressure on it? either or, contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Of course not. I care a lot when I put headphones on my telephones in order to give them a longer durability on the jack connector, but the build quality of that on Xperia Z3 is very low. Two times, I said, and I read that other users had the same issue in the X3 Compact section, In this forum.

I found the Xperia very nice on interface, performance, audio qiality, ALL, and it's very sad for me lefting it for the Galaxy S6 with that horrible battery capacity and Touchwiz... but a jack connector that surely wont broke after 20 days of use.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

@AlisGelida

are you using Sony's headphones or another brand?

when you connect the headphones do you keep the phones in your pocket and lets say you sit (adding extra pressure)? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

@AlisGelida,

I've had my Xperia Z3 since it came out October 29th, 2014. I've used my headphone jack for music and withmy headset without any issues. I've also accidently dropped my Xperia with the headset connected and I've had no issues. The structure of the phone seems solid and it has taken a lot of accidental abuse without causing any problems. That has been my experience, your experience will vary.

BTW, I usually have my phone in my pocket with my wired Samsung headset through my shirt up to my ear. Doing it this way allows me to easily use my arms without getting the cord stuck and caught on things as I'm working, etc. Yes, I did say Samsung headset, this headset is the same one from my older Samsung Galaxy S3 that I had before my Xperia Z3. Actually, I've been looking for some alternative Sony corded headsets that I can use with the phone to make calls as well as listen to music and control the music functions... Anyone have any ideas on any phone/music corded headsets that are at a good price?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

@Dark_Xperian

Exactly, I think maybe just maybe @AlisGelida was using a different brand and the 3.5mm connector was wider and that could maybe create this issue or add extra pressure while connected. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

I'm using these: Sony MDR-NC31EM.

DSC_0583.JPG

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

No i dont think your jack will brake after a month or two,  it alsp depends on how much force you insert your headset with. The jack is just like every jack in every phone however i have had encountered a problem with my jack.  A green coating has went over the metal parts of the jack and it didn't recognize any inserted headphones and headset. I dont know how that happened on My z3 phone and z3 tablet. Both got replaced for free. I read that the green coating apears on copper  when copper reacts with carbon dioxide and water in the atmosphere 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

I already wrote that I carefully put my headset in my phones, same way I do on my Galaxy S1 that after 4 years of usage is still perfect.

Please avoid to deny the evidence...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

@AlisGelida,

Looks like these are them, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-Cancelling-Headset-MDR-NC31EM/dp/B00HX9AJ5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

So, does the higher priced headphones really provide any benefit? For intance, the sound quality, build quality, controls, etc?