account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 141 of 166
Message 141 of 166

Re: Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

When my phone (z5c) is in standby, it disconnects from the wifi, worst when I wake my phone up it does not connect back automatically to the wifi. I need to do it manually. I am traveling a lot and this happens with any wifi. So it can't be related to the wifi. I have also the latest firmware. I am sure Sony is aware of the problem, there are many treads about it in all z5 related forums including in other countries.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 142 of 166
Message 142 of 166

Z5 wifi

Ever since the update to OS 6.0, my WiFi no longer automatically connects to saved WiFi networks.. Anyone else have this issue and possible solution?
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 143 of 166
Message 143 of 166

Re: Z5 wifi

Z5 Compact.

First question, yes, it never reconnects automatically (do a search on the forum). Worse, WIFI also drops when in Standby. Many have that issue.
Second question, no.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 144 of 166
Message 144 of 166

what nonsense is this????

the forum admin deemed my topic not necessary and combine it into this thread marking it solved.

super disappointed with SONY on this wifi issue.

they just brush this as a "solved" issue and decides NOT to listen to the users.

likely will be my first and LAST sony phone.

seriously disappointed.

Highlighted
fax
Regular
Message 145 of 166
Message 145 of 166

Ridiculous indeed. The "community manager" actually suggested to open a separate topic three weeks ago: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-while-phone-is-in...

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 146 of 166
Message 146 of 166

Yes and I opened already a new thread 3 weeks ago but nobody takes care about it.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/WIFI-communication-paused-when-phone-g...

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 147 of 166
Message 147 of 166

The latest firmware update 32.2.A.0.253 does not solve the issue. The issue is still there. See also here:http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/WIFI-communication-paused-when-phone-g...

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 148 of 166
Message 148 of 166

It seems this new firmware addressed the problem for me....The WIFI does not longer disconnect when in standby.

I definitively won't thank them for this as this very fundamental / basic / critical issue impacted me for too long and without any communication (acknowldgement) from Sony...

The only remaining problem is that my Z5 compact still does not automatically reconnect to a known WIFI, need to do it manually.

This will be my last Sony.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 149 of 166
Message 149 of 166

its not solved with the new update.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 150 of 166
Message 150 of 166

Yes, indeed, I thought the new release addressed the WiFi issue, but it didn't, it reoccured few days after, worst I then also started experiencing BT disruptions. This phone became just unusable.

This weekend I did a factory reset and reinstalled few applications. Both the WiFi and BT have been working fine for 24 Hrs now, no disruptions, no WiFi drops.

So, my suggestion, try a factory reset.

I am now wondering if and when this issue will reoccur as it might be related to a specific app or the number of apps.