account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

SOLVED
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 41 of 166
Message 41 of 166

Re: Wifi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

I'm afraid i don't have any information on when the update will be available and as always, timing and availability will vary by market and/or operator.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 42 of 166
Message 42 of 166

Hi Rickard,

Do you know whether this will be a configurable item as to whether it is enabled or not, or on by default?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 43 of 166
Message 43 of 166

I feel sad about this.

If I see this post earlier, I definitly won't buy Z5.

Seems like this issue is existing for a long time but Sony doesn't take it seriously.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 44 of 166
Message 44 of 166

It's not a Sony issue, it's an Android issue. It's up to Google to take this issue seriously and fix it upstream in vanilla Android, and Google has a horrible track record when it comes to listening to customer feedback and fixing bugs.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 45 of 166
Message 45 of 166

what frightens me the most about @Rickard 's reply is that he is only talking about device keep scanning for wifi known networks to connect, but that is only one of the many problems brought by this BUG.

The device just turn off the wifi when goes into sleep mode (after 5 minutes or so), so even if you are already connected to a network, it just gets off.

Not finding known network when arriving into places is just a minor problem that is related to the bigger one: you cannot be connected to a wifi network if your screen is not on.

It's not about battery saving, is not a design.... if you buy a 700 dollars SMARTPHONE is because you want to stay connected, even if the phone is in your pocket. You should just addmit that we are talking about a BUG here, where it doesn't matter wich option you choose on the "keep wi-fi on during sleep" menu, it just acts like you had choosen "never".

You should address this issue quickly as we have payed too much for this phone and depending on how you use it, it can be really useless (i work in a plce where we don't reach any carrier signal, so wifi is my only way to communicate and not always is posible for me to turn the screen on evre 5 minutes to get all the messages at once).

Nacho

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 46 of 166
Message 46 of 166

@nach022

Does your phone has any power saving mode on and/or battery app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 47 of 166
Message 47 of 166

@uliwooly Nope... just bought it, upgraded to Android MM and it is almost aout of the box....

have already tried all the provided solutions around the web and support forum. Nothing preventing the wifi to work properly theorically. and if you read the amount of users reporting the same error, we have to agree we are talking about a BUG here

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 48 of 166
Message 48 of 166

In the latest update, 32.1.A.1.185, that now rolling out, the phone will scan for saved networks and connect also when it's in sleep.

Please note that availability will vary by market and/or operator.

@Syncr0s

It's on by default and there's no setting to turn it on/off.

@nach022

I'm sorry to hear that your phone doesn't stay connected to your network Slightly frowning Face

There's another ongoing thread about this here. If possible, please send me logs from your phone taken after it has disconnected. See my post here for instructions: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/WIFI-issues-on-z5-premium/m-p/1112378#...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 49 of 166
Message 49 of 166

Thanks for taking the time to respond to our queries on this one.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 50 of 166
Message 50 of 166

now the upgrade is released and the wifi issue still persists...i am not happy with my z5c...will i ever be?