account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Water inside my z2..waterproof?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Genius
Message 51 of 74
Message 51 of 74

Re: Water inside my z2..waterproof?

Sony have released the Z...Z1....Z2....Z3 all approx 6 months apart, infact  Z4 coming in March 2015....rumours are though that Z5 wont be 6 months after that but possibly 12 months

Only rumours tho :smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
Message 52 of 74
Message 52 of 74

I have heard the same,even read somewhere that sony might go for one flagship/year.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 53 of 74
Message 53 of 74

updating ewery 6 months is a bullet to the knee for sony, look how cheap Z2 became after Z3 launch, still an outstanding device in market but in price of iphone 4. If they wanna earn money they should increase the life's of their flagships.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Highlighted
Genius
Message 54 of 74
Message 54 of 74

Agree.....i usually update very quickly but this time i decided to stick with the Z2.....prefer the design & really not too much difference between them....

Most if not all manufacturers push out new models every 6 months or different variants of a model in 3 months....i think software/hardware/design has reached a maximum just now hence waiting 12 months till the Z5 comes out

In my opinion a good thing so that when it is released there will be dramatic changes between models not just subtle 'tweeks'

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 55 of 74
Message 55 of 74

me too..

So how is your z2 condition right now?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 56 of 74
Message 56 of 74

Me too..

So, How is your z2 condition right now??

Highlighted
Genius
Message 57 of 74
Message 57 of 74

Hi, my Z2 is fine.....have not had any problems at all with it since the day i unboxed it, hope i'm not jinxing it now by saying that,

still looks brand new.....will wait to see what the Z4 in March is like in terms os design/software :smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
Adept
Message 58 of 74
Message 58 of 74

I think there is no point of testing the device that way. water cannot be stoped by anything. its no point to take it in the pool and swim. the waterproofing factor is just there if you are caling and its rainging a bit. or you drop your mobile in water and quickly pick it up. it is just a cushion. So its a request to all do not try waterproofing for testing the device. if someone has tried and have got moisture in the device do not try hairdresser. heat will destroy the board inside. follow folloing procedure

switch off phone

open all flaps

place the mobile in a safeplace over cotton or some soft cloth in such a way that one flap is down.

water will cometowards the lower point with gravity.

if someone can find few bags of silica get(usually present in medicine bottles) it could be bought also on grocery stores

let the mobile be like this for a day or two. if you get silica gel. put it in a closed container with mobile not in open air. it will absorb even the vapours inside..

do not use the mobile until all water is gone.

and never test the device again.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 59 of 74
Message 59 of 74

What Should I do with my "waterproof" Sony?? No One can fix it after I test it in swimming pool :'(

Where I really Like Sony Product, Its really dissapointed me :'(

Highlighted
Genius
Message 60 of 74
Message 60 of 74

@wr11 wrote:

What Should I do with my "waterproof" Sony?? No One can fix it after I test it in swimming pool :'(

Where I really Like Sony Product, Its really dissapointed me :'(

Hi, so when you say no one can fix it....have you contacted your local Xperia Care Centre?