account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Waranty without sales receipt? Xperia Z3

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Waranty without sales receipt? Xperia Z3

Hallo,

first i´ve a problem with ghost touch, now the half of my display doesnt react when i´m touch it.

I´ve read in internet about this problems, and it looks that i´m not the only one with this problems.

My Phone looks like new, and I can´t understand why Sony produced Smartphones like this (System prblems, Hardware problems, display problems etc.).

I would give my phone to waranty, i have the orginal pack, the orginal charging cable with plug, but i don´t know who is the sales receipt.

I hope someone can help me, and i hope that Sony can understand this problem a takes  my phone to waranty.

Sorry for my bad english.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Waranty without sales receipt? Xperia Z3

@SZ4

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, unfortunately this is a global user based forum and no one could assist you regarding warranty or any repair, you have to be in contact with your Local support.

with that said, does your phone has a protective case, film or case? have you dropped the phone? are there any cracks ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

No, i havent any case or something. And dont dropped the phone, i looks like new.

The local support cant help. Once thing what they all can do is say "sorry".

I can understand if i were the only one, but i´m not. Lot of people who buys one of Xperia Smartphone (Z series) have the same problems. Why?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@SZ4

I haven't experienced that issue, but there is nothing we can do here, as this is a user based forum. Perhaps if you contact the store they can give you a copy of the receipt. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

First thanks for your answeres. But look, it´s not my my problem that Sony can´t produced Smartphones who do not **bleep**. I paid a lot of money for a Smartphone what i cant use..

I hope you understand why I´m so angry..

I think that i don´t need a receipt. Sony produced Samrtphones with issues, and Sony will repair this. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@SZ4

I understand your frustration but I don't think that's a Sony practice, perhaps that's the norm in your country, here in the USA, you need a receipt, you can find warranty info here

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3/supportDocumentation/

Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello,I'm not sure what country you are in, but generally a proof of purchase can include a credit card statement, bank transfer, online pay pal statement etc 

If you don't have those, perhaps the imei number was registered by the seller when they sold it to you. 

Other than that,  I'm afraid nothing can be done for warranty purposes other than negotiating with the seller to provide you with a copy etc etc