account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

Highlighted
ezy
Commissioner
Message 161 of 193
Message 161 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium.

does anyone know of any rumours of another 7.x.x  roll out due for the Z5  ?

my phone was great from launch day with 6.x.x  but since 7.0.x it has been an unreliable p.o.s. 

missed calls.  missed messages, never know if it is connected or a "lie"  & battery life is dire.  All of which I blame on the flakey wifi (it may or may not automatically refresh as you move around) & things like wifi-calling which then may or may not show as connected.    when it is, and an call comes in when on a call there is a 50/50 all calls will terminate and the phone will not then ring out until rebooted.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 162 of 193
Message 162 of 193

I also regret updating my Xperia Z. Out of the box it was better. With the backlight button allowing max battery life and a pleasant night reading experience. 

In general I wouldn't want to update Sony devices. Using my Z3 tablet as it came, runs great. 😂

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 163 of 193
Message 163 of 193

Constantly drops!  On my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. I'm don't think it's the phone but the router. I'm guessing your with Talk Talk fiba? There last router I had no problems with.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 164 of 193
Message 164 of 193

I wounder if some could point me in a right direction  finding a xz premium thead for wifi issue  g8141

I also have a wifi problem , but I have two access points linksys ea4500 and wrt1900ac on the first one it works perfectly on the second one stays connected but there is no internet, My issue specifically applies to wifi ac which is buggy and very unstable.

BTW: I am not the only one https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz-premium/how-to/wifi-issues-t3618751

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 165 of 193
Message 165 of 193

Same probelm i had with Z5 Premuim and XZ, turns out Sony dosent plays well with 5GHz Wifi signal. So once i figured this out in my router, it's working fine now.

I don't know when Sony will fix this issue OR they'll ever fix this issue or not but it's very annoying.

Highlighted
Message 166 of 193
Message 166 of 193

So they don't have a fix for this. Too bad, will definitely be my last Sony phone. The problem started just a few days ago and I haven't found a solution. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 167 of 193
Message 167 of 193

WIFI drops connection on z5 premium

I know this as been going on for years my wifes phone is a sony Xperia z5 premium it keeps turning wifi off and using her data we have tried reinstalling software etc nobody seems to be fixing it or no idea what to do !

If people ask me or the wife about the phone i tell them not to bother wifi problems plus trying to create a pic album is the worst interface ive seen.

It was my phone my wifes now but im sticking with Samsung with phones come on sony it needs sorting its been years by the looks of things

Highlighted
Message 168 of 193
Message 168 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium

Yeah, my friend was planning to buy a Sony phone and I told her not to. Might experience this along the way. I've only had my phone for a year and a half. I'm planning to buy a new phone and im sure that it wont be Sony.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 169 of 193
Message 169 of 193

Re: WIFI drops connection on z5 premium

I have has this phone for about a year.

My girlfriend has the Xa.

In the past couple months wifi stops working, it's like the phones wifi has locked up. 

It can either see the wifi router but not connect to it.

or sometimes it is just frozen. If you were to leave the wifi range it would still show the router.

This is on a billion 8900AX router and a BT home hub 5.

Apple phones and other wifi devices meanwhile continue to work fine.

The XA also has the same issue just not as often. 

The issue is with the sony phones only.

I have to restart my phone daily now due to one problem or another. 

Having been a long time Samsung user I wouldn't buy another Sony again. Especially when I can't even watch a full video on facebook on it!

Putting the phone into airplane mode and back out fixes the issue most of the time. (once you have noticed there is no wifi)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 170 of 193
Message 170 of 193

Ever since I have updated to the new firmware (I have reinstalled using pc companion) build number 32.3.A.2.33. I have had wifi issues keep on freezing and doesn't connect to wifi. Have to restart the phone to carry on using the wifi. I have no issue with the wifi with other devices even for the z2 tablet I use or laptop. Just the phone that keeps on loosing wifi connection. That is a big bug that needs to be resolved ASAP. im sure alot of people using this phone would agree.