account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

VoLTE Support for Z3

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 31
Message 1 of 31

VoLTE Support for Z3

Is there a chance that the new Marshmallow update for the Z3 will finally add universal VoLTE support for all variants of the Z3 that are LTE? I am frankly getting quite annoyed that many of my colleagues have phones that support VoLTE and get to enjoy a call without switching the entire phone to 3G mode. Note that my carrier has VoLTE support as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 31
Message 5 of 31

Re: VoLTE Support for Z3

D6653 international variant is volte capable. I'm using it. Hardware wise, nearly all newer phones are volte capable. It's just whether the firmware is set to enable it.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 31
Message 2 of 31

@greatmant

This support it's network related, contact them regarding this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 31
Message 3 of 31

I always wonder if it's on the phone manufacturer side to activate/enable volte through system update. It's because my carrier always says their network has been always ready for volte use. Like z3 D6653 is volte-able but z3 dual D6633/D6653 is not. D6653 wasn't able to use volte initially but it's usable after a system update.
I have an additional question: can I use my z3 volte function abroad when I switch to a local sim from a local carrier? Does system update region specific? Is a particular system update just design to enable volte in a particular country?
I believe is the phone manufacturer to decide whether they want a particular phone variant to have the volte function. Not just sony, but others like Samsung, LG. Say, in my country, LG G3 single SIM variant is able to use volte, while it's dual SIM variant is not. But both LG G4 single and dual sim variants can use volte.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 31
Message 4 of 31

The D6603 variant international Xperia Z3 is not VoLTE capable, as far as I remember reading, only the Japanese variant is supporting VoLTE.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
EHo
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 31
Message 5 of 31

D6653 international variant is volte capable. I'm using it. Hardware wise, nearly all newer phones are volte capable. It's just whether the firmware is set to enable it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 31
Message 6 of 31

Z3 VoLTE

Hi.friends I m new to forum. Recently got update android m in my Z3 but did not get VoLTE in my Z3 D6653
Highlighted
Message 7 of 31
Message 7 of 31

VoLTE Support for Xperia Z3 D6653

Hi

I am using Sony Xperia Z3 model: D6653

I read many post and saw videos which have VoLTE enable/Disable in call setting for my model.

I upgraded andriod to newest version marshmallow(6.0.1) But I am not able to see that.

I tryed to find soluton but failed. Could you please give me a solution which i can have Volte in my mobile

Highlighted
Genius
Message 8 of 31
Message 8 of 31

Re: VoLTE Support for Xperia Z3 D6653

Hi @ChandraSekhar0,

Welcome to the community!

If your device supports VoLTE depends on your operator as this is a network based setting. I recommend that you contact your operator regarding this to see if they plan on making this feature available for your device.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 9 of 31
Message 9 of 31

Hi Didrik,

My operator support VoLTE the thing is i cannot see VoLTE in mobile

I check in call setteing i didn't saw any related to VoLTE

Highlighted
Genius
Message 10 of 31
Message 10 of 31

@ChandraSekhar0

In order for VoLTE to be enabled your phone may have to be branded to an operator that supports it. There is no setting I can refer to in order for you to enable this feature, I can only refer you to contact your operator about this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.