account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Update stopped halfway through

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Update stopped halfway through

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I just attempted the update via PC Companion, nothing different to usual, but for some reason it stopped halfway through and now the phone won't re-connect to the PC and when turned on, it says the update didn't complete and to re-connect to a PC. Following instructions on PC Companion is having no success - does anyone have any idea how to rectify this? I'm presuming it might need flashing, but if I can avoid having to do this I would be very grateful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: Update stopped halfway through

Hi TallScratch,

I suggest using Xperia Companion to reload the software on that device first, I do not suggest using the Flashtool as this may void your warranty.

If you cannot get the device to reload with normal means, please contact Customer Care first.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

If PC Companion or Xperia Companion is not capable of sorting it out by a Software Repair, I would use Flashtool (it might take longer because of the drivers and getting the FTF file, but sometimes it is the only viable option). Detailed steps:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/03/12/install-xperia-marshmallow-using-flashtool-and-xperifirm-guide/

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes, that's the best and only way to get your phone working again Winking Face
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@TallScratch

try this, remove both SIM and SD cards > charge the phone > turn it off > run PCC > follow all the steps to repair it > connect the phone when you are prompted to do so > the phone must remain off. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, I'll give these a go, see how it goes! If all else fails I think it should still be under warranty....

@uliwooly @rpbertods88 @4IES

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi TallScratch,

I suggest using Xperia Companion to reload the software on that device first, I do not suggest using the Flashtool as this may void your warranty.

If you cannot get the device to reload with normal means, please contact Customer Care first.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Given the software repair a go through Xperia Companion this morning and it's back up and running, with 6.0 as well. Perfect. Thanks everyone!
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Great glad to hear it Slightly smiling Face