account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Too much red in display

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Too much red in display

Hi,

I have my Z5 now for 1 day, and I see a big difference in the screen from my Z1 and the Z5.

There is too much red on the Z5. On pictures faces are red instead of normal skin tone.
I have disabled the X-reallity mode on both phones.

Someone els has this problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Too much red in display

You can manually adjust the colours and tone down red colours

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

The whitebalance settings you can only ADD red/green or blue. It's not possible to lower one of the colors.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Are your colours already at level 0 Zero? if they are then I have no other options for you

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Yes all the colors have level zero now.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

They compensate / compliment. Play with the sliders. My Z3 is also out of balance. My current settings are R26 G30 B129. Sad to hear that Z5 also have the color cast. For a device advertised for its camera capabilities is not good to have un-accurate colors. How's the devise otherwise? The Z5C users report really serious issues with camera and display and overheating.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

My Z5 Compact had too much red, so I turned blue and green up to 160 and problem solved. Though 160 seems like a very high value to compensate for it. The screen was badly manufactured, I think.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I have the same problem, whatever I try, red is way too saturated, images are of bad quality.

Did you find any solution?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

In my case changing green and blue to a high level doesn't change anything.  Red is still way too intense, saturated..

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Same problem 

Set green to 70 in display settings and you're good.