account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

System UI stops after 6.0 update

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 121 of 127
Message 121 of 127

Re: Android 6.0 System UI has stopped

I'm using Xperia C5. My provider is Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind Moblie) in Canada. I recently found that the SIM card does not work with the latest update 6.0. Here's how I figured that: 

1. After the system update to Android 6.0 the error message "Unfortunately System UI has stopped". Phone basically unusable. This went on eveytime I re-booted the phone (tried over 5 times)
2. I removed the SIM card
3. Re-booted and the problem didn't arise.  
Therefore, there is something wrong with the SIM card which will NOT work with the new version of Android + Sony Xperia C5.
Question:
Is it caused by your "FRDMInternet" update?

Anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 122 of 127
Message 122 of 127

Re: System UI stops after 6.0 update

Hi, my z3 has been reset 4 times this week with Xperia companion. It hasn't resolved the ui message and phone going to dark screen. I've read on other forums that Samsung and other brands are having the same problems with the latest android update. So surely someone is working on a bug update???
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 123 of 127
Message 123 of 127

I've been experiencing the same thing. I did the same advice  however is still showing that the system ui has stopped after that it shows that the sd card is ejecting it self.

Factory reset was done several times, sd card was revised, few apps were deleted, upated my anti virus but still same problem. 

I thought the problem was with my sd card so i bought a new one and samething happened (ejecting it self). I inserted my old sd card to another device and its functioning well.

I do not know which is which. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 124 of 127
Message 124 of 127

My old faithful reliable Z3 is dead, Killed by Android, one microchip out of range of 7.0  (i could not save it even with PC companion).

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 125 of 127
Message 125 of 127

Please help me inthis case...

mobile dead. how can i use now

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 126 of 127
Message 126 of 127

Hello,

Can you please help me with this issue, 1 one week ago appeared the message UI system has stop and I can't use the phone, I have to reboot constantly. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 127 of 127
Message 127 of 127

System UI has failed keeps occuring on my Z3 every few days then i have to reboot. I see that this has been happening to people recently andthe fact the solution you stated says update rolled out April 2016 is there a reason why this has happened now to a few of us and if so why and what are you planning on doing to stop this before it kills our phones and I will be holding you responsible and expect a new phone if this kills mine since you are the software suppliers.