account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

System UI stops after 6.0 update

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 127
Message 1 of 127

System UI stops after 6.0 update

After the 6.0 update (with the Xperia Companion software) the phone is not usable anymore.

After reboot all I see is "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.". Pressing OK brings the same message again and again.

Boot into safe mode - the same!

This is ridiculous. I can't even do a factory reset without user interface. The only thing that works is the power button.

If someone has any suggestion, please let me know. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 78 of 127
Message 78 of 127

Re: System UI stops after 6.0 update

I just got information today that this will be corrected in an upcoming software update that is planed to start rolling out in the middle of April 2016. Please note that software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 127
Message 2 of 127

Re: whatsapp problems after update xperia z5 compact to marshmallow

Repair Software is the only way and u can do it and stop to the problems
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 127
Message 3 of 127

You can do a software repair in PC companion...

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 127
Message 4 of 127

I can't do software repair because the phone should be unlocked. I can't unlock with the fingerprint reader or the PIN because I have no user interface.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 127
Message 5 of 127

Turn off device.... keep pressing volume down and connect USB cable... follow PC companion instructions on screen.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 127
Message 6 of 127

Another hardware key that kinda works is the camera key. When I press it I see in the background (behind the UI error) that it requires camera permission and a link "GO TO APP INFO" which I can't press because the UI error dialog is in the foreground and I can't hide it even for a millisecond.

If the camera app has no permissions to the camera I'm afraid that everything is wrong with the permissions.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 127
Message 7 of 127

Why don't you repair the software as advised ? just do it 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 127
Message 8 of 127

I'm trying. The phone is not detected by the PC Companion. Volume down, up, power off and on and so on. Nothing works. I'm carefully following the instructions.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 127
Message 9 of 127

I have also tried using Xperia Companion instead of PC Companion on another PC. Basically the same instructions to follow. Again the phone is not detected.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 127
Message 10 of 127

I didn't realize that I have to stop pressing volume down key right after plugging in the MicroUSB cable. Now it worked (Xperia Companion). Software repair is successfull though I've lost all my data Worried Face

Thanks for your help!