account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Status bar icons have gone!

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Status bar icons have gone!

When I swipe down from the top, I just can't see any of the icons: WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, airline mode, portrait/auto-rotate, etc. Everything still works OK, but I have to go into the settings to do things. Very tedious, especially if I just want to turn Bluetooth on or off, or connect a device. It's been like this for about a week. I guess it goes without saying that I don't remember changing anything, or whether it happened after a restart or just suddenly and randomly. Any help out there??? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Status bar icons have gone!

Swipe down status bar twice then tap "pen" icon. Furthermore, swipe down then drag to add tile onto the status bar.

@Heatopher wrote:

When I swipe down from the top, I just can't see any of the icons: WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, airline mode, portrait/auto-rotate, etc. Everything still works OK, but I have to go into the settings to do things. Very tedious, especially if I just want to turn Bluetooth on or off, or connect a device. Any help out there??? Thanks!

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Go to Settings >> Display  >> System Icons

Screenshot_20180101-002539.pngScreenshot_20180101-002645.pngScreenshot_20180101-002657.png 

If you swipe down  the status  bar,  you can long press the settings cog, this will enable the hidden UI menu,  you can find it on the main settings screen at the bottom of all the options near "about phone" 

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Ah, OK, thanks very much! I must have done something inadvertantly. I really thought I had a bug.