account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z5 main microphone not working during calls

Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony Z5 main microphone not working during calls

Hey people, hey sony team

I have the following issue:

When I call smbd, my (main) microphone is not working, people don't hear me. 

In Audio-Recorder and voice-mails in messenger the mic is working fine.

Also the ok-google taks seems to work really fine. 

I ran the diagnostics tool and checked the microphone - its working there, but still nobody can hear me, when in call. 

What I already did: software reset and the sony companion repair. But still no luck.

In calls, when I scratch with my fingers at the bottom loudspeaker area, people hear the scratches really loud, but not when i speak right into that area.

Anybody knows how to solve that?

I am on Android Nougat 7.1.1

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony Z5 main microphone not working during calls

@MrWaka 

I think that you've done everything on your side and it is time to send it in to get it inspected, make sure to be super specific on what you've tested and that even if the mic pass the test and works with other apps but not while on a phonecall

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)