account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 231 of 318
Message 231 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Problem solved - I bought a new Motorola! Bye-bye Sony.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 232 of 318
Message 232 of 318

I think this is the only solution.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 233 of 318
Message 233 of 318

I (in the UK) received an system update recently and I thought that might have been a fix for this issue since we can't officially get the MM update, and although things seemed better the first couple of cycles - I was able to get down to 3/4% before putting on to charge, last night my handset shutdown at 11% Thinking Face

Very annoying...

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 234 of 318
Message 234 of 318

I just ordered a new battery, seems that is the only solution

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 235 of 318
Message 235 of 318

Hello everyone!

So I got my Z1 Compact since November 2014 and 2 weeks ago it started this battery drop behaviour too Slightly frowning Face

And yes, it is spinning on the back. Actually, I remember, it was spinning even right after I bought it, but no other issues were showing up so I thought its OK.

Now it drops usually from ~40% of battery and so the 100% battery is enough only for half of the day, compared with 2 days when it was new. I don`t think THAT can be considered as "normal wear".

I tried the "hard shutdown", yes the battery shows a lower value after restart, but that doesn`t solve the problem at all!

So the problem of this topic isn`t solved at all!

My phone still runs with Kitkat 4.4.4, and I don`t want to switch to Lollipop. But I guess, I will have to try the "repairing" in the PC companion, so the service centre could not send me the softwarely "repaired" phone with the hardware battery problem.

I still have the guarantee, since I bought the phone through the SONY online store and got 2 years of guarantee.

So does the SONY acknowledge that as faulty battery, or I have to prepare for a fight with the service centre?

And I`m going for a 2 month trip and will be able to get tot the service only after that, so I hope, the bloating battery won`t damage anything else in the phone in 2 months won`t it?

I really like the phone, and hope the service centre will change my battery according the guarantee.

Forum Legend
Message 236 of 318
Message 236 of 318

Hello @Peter_St 

Go ahead with the software repair and see if it works fine after that. Do not install any app while you test the battery.

If it shows abnormal behaviour post SW repair, then get your phone examined at service center.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 237 of 318
Message 237 of 318

As I said, i will try it. But i doubt, no, I`m sure, that software repair will not repair the bloated battery that bends the back cover outside in the middle.

Moreover, I have a protective front glass (hi SONY, why the **bleep** did you cover the real glass with a non scratch proof plastic film???). And after applying it, after some days, it starts slowly to come off on the top side of the phone.

I guess, not only the back cover is bend, but the front screen too. So I make me some worries about the screen matrix.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 238 of 318
Message 238 of 318

You have to buy new battery - factory reset does not help. Also it is good to cover the Sony "protective" foil by protective glass (less than 2 USD on ebay)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 239 of 318
Message 239 of 318

I have done the system restore, yet to see of it helps the battery!
I got my photos, contacts and messages back, but all my apps, settings and bookmarks are gone! I have tried the restore a few times, and when I run it it says "other" didn't fully restore... Any ideas on what I can do?
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 240 of 318
Message 240 of 318

Yeah, i bought and installed a protective glass on the sceond day, when i saw the scratches on the plastic foil of the screen.