account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 201 of 318
Message 201 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

@funkybluecheese

I'm really sorry to hear that you have not managed to solve your issue. I must have just been lucky with the agent I delt with. As you know, after what appears to be standard silliness from Sony, they did return my phone with a new battery. From the posts in this forum it would appear people have many different responses from Sony for the same issues. 

I have now decided no more Sony for me when it comes time for a replacement simply because of their inability to give good customer service.

Ian

Highlighted
Learner
Message 202 of 318
Message 202 of 318

Cheers Ian, you live and learn. No more Sony for me. EE have got my phone now... Let's see what they come back with. Interestingly, the agent who completed the dispatch form noted the phone had no damage despite me pointing out the scratches, etc. They've given me a loan phone too.

My advice to all is to approach your network provider with this issue or try to fix it yourself. Go to Sony only as a last resort, and if so don't expect much.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 203 of 318
Message 203 of 318

My battery keeps doing this I've tried everything also the vibrate isn't working it's more like
A squeak I love this phone but it's letting me down!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 204 of 318
Message 204 of 318

Same here

* battery does not last more than 5 mins

* people cannot here me during calls. went back for repare only fixed problem for fe weeks

* usb connector plastic connection does not stay close anymore

* on/off button no longer stands out

* customer support not responding...

Phone is 18months old always charged with sony charger. Has protective cover on all faces, never dropped!

Unacceptable for a phone. I don't think I'll buy anything from sony anymore. (used to buy cameras, audio, phones, accesories...)

Enthusiast
Message 205 of 318
Message 205 of 318

Looks like most people have the same problems after 18 months. Seems like SONY took their planned obsolence to perfection. Not sure if pepole who suffered it will buy Sony again though.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 206 of 318
Message 206 of 318

Very same as pg38fr said.. almost my phone is similar age.

Some of the "gurus" mentioned to downgrade os ... I did ... Not same problem.

Battery replaced.... But still same problem...

Agree with traveller_cz ....

I m afraid to buy another Sony phone. Though I don't recall myself buying any other in my life .... But it ridiculous...

S for Sony ... And s for ....

No customer support anywhere at all.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 207 of 318
Message 207 of 318

I did the PC companion repair and updates, this worked for 3 days and my Z1 started doing the same behaviour and the battery was (is) still over heating whilst the screen becomes unusable. Frustrated by this I have found putting my Z1 in the freezer for a few minutes puts the phone back in normal mode. Good luck to everyone out there with the same extremely frustrating problems.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 208 of 318
Message 208 of 318

I see that I am not the only one who also have this mysterious battery drop/shut down bug. Since my Z1 compact became two years old, the problem begins. When fully charged phone, after some hour usage reaches aprox 80% battery life, at any moment it can shut down presenting the 0% battery! It happen when I use apps like Waze, Sygic, or any other application that needs screen is ON.

(I have not yet noticed that my phone doing this in my pocket, when screen is OFF.)  

To escape from this, the only solution is to stay connected with cable to electric source or always need to carry phone cable and charger with you, haha.

I have read your stories and I suspect that THERE IS NO SOLUTION? I also try repair phone with PC Companion, it does not help! Replace the battery? Some of you, who did that, also says that it is not helped! I think that the battery is not guilty (I tried various battery tester app, who said - all is ok with your battery) … the only possibility is to blame Sony phone software? And hope Sony will release some update fix. But I have bad feeling that all this is specially planned to encourage users to buy a new phone! 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 209 of 318
Message 209 of 318

I sent my phone off for repair almost 2 weeks ago as I had two issues - the screen was screwed and kept showing glitches/graphical corruption intermittently, and also the battery, which had been running down very quickly in the past few months leading upto this, was suddenly making the phone shut down at around 70-80%.

They have sent it back, replaced the battery and the it is much better (still on Lollipop 5.1) - I have 8% left now and I charged it to 100% yesterday morning. That's with some pretty decent usage too. However, I will keep an eye on it. However, the screen issue still remains and I am not happy about it, it was definitely written in the repair note I sent to them that I had two main issues, the screen an the battery.

I am disappointed they didn't even bother to replace the screen 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 210 of 318
Message 210 of 318

Mine is out of the 2 year warranty at the end of May. 

In October the speaker grill fell off. 

The other day the ring around the power button also fell off. They are both held on by some kind of not very effective glue.

Battery life is now well down on when it was new. 

I am going to send it back asking them to repair the cosmetic failures and replace the battery.

This has put me off Sony quite a bit unfortunately.