account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z Screen Cracked

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony Xperia Z Screen Cracked

My phone is in warranty and accidently the display of my Xperia Z got cracked when it was in my pocket which I noticed later after a while. The phone is also slightly bent in the middle. I am not sure if it happened due to my actions. I visited the Sony Authorized Service Center in Pune and he said that the phone was out of warranty as it did not pass the litmus test (i.e the color of the rubber between the flap and the phone turned pink). I was surprised to hear this as the cell was never used in water although the Sony claims it to be water resistent. He even said that even a slightly wet hand could turn that rubber pink and it can be warranty void.

He said the change of screen would cost around  Rs. 22000 and replacement of the phone with new one would cost around Rs.24000 and those two are the only possible actions.

I expect something better from Sony. Please suggest me a solution for this as the mobile is in warranty.

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen Cracked

Sorry to hear this..mate. Whatever might be the reason for the screen to break, the phone itself is like a fragile piece of glass, which is vulnerable for brekages at any point of time. And the way sony Service centre has replied to you is also expected. 

The only reason Sony gives out to most of it's xperia customers is that of the litmus paper damaged. They  only speak this sentence and nothing more.. As authorised by Sony to it's service engineers. 

It's very sad to hear that Sony charges 22,000 to replace the screen and the digitizer. Please try out in the open market like ebay or even on chinese market which definetly will have stock of these spares. You would save a lot of money. 

And if you intend to buy another phone, please go by your conscience and never ever buy any such phones which are so fragile and provide such crappy customer service. 

Check out this website - your screen and digitizer is available for around US $ 70 with free shipping... 

Full LCD Display + Touch Screen Digitizer For Sony Xperia Z LT36i LT36h LT36 C6603 C6602 L36H Free S...

Good Luck.

Xperia Z
C6602
Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks buddy. I tried calling Xperia care toll free number. The customer care exec logged my request and told me to visit service center other than the one I visited, and once I reached there he advised me to make the customer care exec talk to the service center person with the reference number. He even confirmed that I will need to pay the physical damaged cost but its not 22k as the service center person has quoted.

The customer care exec is ready to reveal the exact amount for repair only to the authorized person at service center and not to me. Let me visit there and check the new price Sony is quoting. Will post the further details as it may help other Xperia customers.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hello,

How are you doing.. Hope you have found a way to repaid your cracked screen !!! Unfortunately, yesterday morning, even my xperia Z fell on the stairs and had a tumbling fall and cracked the screen digitizer.. my bad luck.. even i'm in the look out for the screen digitizer now. Let me know what the sony service center says..what would be the costs involved.. 

If the amount is reasonable for the repair in India, even i would like to get it repaired here in india .. or else, i'll source the parts from china. 

Xperia Z
C6602
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hey. I have dead Sony Xperia. Z (c6602) contact me if you want display or sold yours damaged Xperia z to me

My contact number
Please. Reply as soon as possible
Thanks. & regards

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for your offer mate.. However, i've already ordered for one online..expecting it in 10-15 days. will wait till then..

Xperia Z
C6602
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Good News is that the KitKat works flawlessly on the C6602. Users may face some slight **bleep** in UI..as reported by many other users. I was able to check the new upgrade until last saturday. Until.. this horrible thing happened..

IMG_20140713_192759.jpg

My Bad Luck.. My phone met with an accident, the screen and display was shattered after a fall from the staircase..the worst thing i always feared..happened that day. A very fragile device which could not withstand the fall even with Leather protection case (which came as part of the phone when purchased). 

I'm now waiting for a new set of LCD+Digitizer to be delivered to me. This time around i've also chosen to convert my phone from White Color to Black Color as i've ordered a Black Frame + Black back battery cover along with LCD+Digitizer. 

Also, for people who are unfortunate like me to break the screen, it's very important to buy a new set of adhesive tape (both for front and Back) designed for Xperia Z to seal back the phone after repair. A small thing which many people forget while ordering spare parts. 

I'll be back to this thread with my comments once my phone is back to life.. 

Xperia Z
C6602
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Today my mobile got fall and there is crack in screen.

However screen looking asual no black spot,but glass is breaked and my touch not working.

Please give me the suggestion what to do and what will be the cost for this.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hey anwar, is the offer still on? I could use some spare parts.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

hi 

screen of my sony xperia z phone got cracked due to fall. its out of warranty. now what are the options for me. how much new screen cost me. plz reply soon