account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Update Engine Failure (error 100)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony Update Engine Failure (error 100)

Hello.

I got a message to update my phone software, when I conected my phone to my pc, and after I started the process i got the Sony Update Engine Failure (error 100) message. Now I CAN'T USE MY PHONE. Every time I start it i get the message:

the software update failed make sure that your phone is connected to the computer and try again

What now?

And please don't tell me to delete/restore my phone because i'm not gonna do that. I have important data on that phone and I'm not gonna delet it just because you can't make something work ok.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony Update Engine Failure (error 100)

I'm afraid that you might lose your data

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Disable antivirus and windows firewall on PC or laptop.Reinstall PC companion.If you can on the phone do the following.settings>display>sleep>30mins.......Then settings>developer options>check.Don't keep activities.Show all ANR's.Then reconnect phone to PC or laptop let PC companion run
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

You should contact Sony Xperia Support.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

hello.. i am searching for a solution in the same problem.. and i found out the solution all by my self

*reinstall the sony companion

*go to windows>search in the search box: "allow a program through windows firewall">then scroll down>click allow another program>then find sony companion>select it>and check it.

! if you got the same error.

*try to use other usb port.(first i was using the usb port in front of the system unit and got the same error,but when i moved the connector at the back of the system unit,it was fixed)

i hope that your problem solve..

sorry for my english.

it will not delete your personal data..

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hey guys....

Today I tried to update my sony xperia z2  with pc companion and afew minutes passed after that it said the update started and now it just shows this error: Unable to download your device software. Please check your internet connection or try again later and after that you choose close it says error 100.

Please help me!   I'm realy confused. I tried following step:

1-Restart pc

2-Using proxy

3-installing new java

and it is the picture of that error:

2015-04-10_15-29-36.png

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

im faceing same problem Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Given the error you are gettting, please try running a repair first:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

and install it on your PC.

2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

3. Phone Software Update.

4. Start.

5. Repair Phone

6. Continue

7. Accept data removal

8. Next

9. Wait for prepare

10. Select Phone

11. Follow the connection steps

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I experienced a similar problem myself when I tried a re-stor/repair earlier. I un-installed PC companion and re-installed - same problem!! Then I un-installed using REVO un-installer(Free) to be sure I got rid of all remnants before re-installing again. Then no more problems. My internet line is not of the best, and looses connection from time to time. If loosing connection in the middle of a download, this might unfortunately happen. On my PC even the WIN 10 download was faster than the PC Companion (repair) download for some unknown reason? The PC Companion system files took about 6 hours to get!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

i have uninstalled the programme reinstalled it both the sony companion and the soncept installer its not having any of it and i keep having to reinstall my official software and half tyhe time it comes back up with error 100, ive been into settings and let it through me firewall and still error 100 :@