account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black during call

Highlighted
Learner
Message 181 of 229
Message 181 of 229

My experia z5 doesnt make calls

I installed the new update. Two days later, I can't make calls as the screen turns black or doesn't respond.i can receive calls though.
Technically, Sony phones don't last for longer than a year and they become useless. I owned z3 before and after one year I had similar issues.
Calling function is the core principles of a smart phone. If broken, it is as good as toy!!!
Highlighted
Learner
Message 182 of 229
Message 182 of 229

Re: My experia z5 doesnt make calls

Any ideas guys?
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 183 of 229
Message 183 of 229

I too faced similar problem, mine is a dual SIM device

Remedy is to go to Settings > Apps > Phone, after opeing press force stop. Then the dialer starts working or simply restart phone

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 184 of 229
Message 184 of 229

Re: Z5-proximity ear sensor failure

Like many others, i am experiencing this issue randomly and again since nougat. I think i have read almost all posts about this, made tests, w/o protection ...

-Protection has a very little impact

-The sensor works (Ambiance test is working like a charm but proximity switch, which is the same, locks once but does not release)

-Reaction delay may be too long (You may be able to get the screen back by cleaning the sensor, even if you made it a couple of minutes before, but the action may occur 5 to 15s later)

-As some suggested, the sensor may not be reliable fixed enough. From previous point, it would explain that it is not the cleaning but the fact to press the glass to the sensor.

-Full reset does not fix

-The issue is more or less present depending on software releases

My  conclusion is that le software calibration setting/system is not well managed. The threshold is triggered, or not, for usual situations.

So, there is a software bug. That's really a shame for a constructor like Sony not having fixed that for a so long time! It is so painful.

:-((

Highlighted
Learner
Message 185 of 229
Message 185 of 229

Thanks for you reply. Force stop fixed the problem.
Rookie
Message 186 of 229
Message 186 of 229

Proximity sensor is always on :(

Hello

My Xperia Z5 Dual didn't complete 1 year still. I am using the original screen protector which came inside the box. 

Few days ago, the device started going directly to black screen when i start a phone call. I cleaned my screen, specially the area in front of the proximity sensor, i made sure nothing is blocking it, but still the proximity is always turned on. I did the factory restore setting ( repair using the pc companion software) .. still got the same results. 

Going to the diagnostics, i noticed that the proximity sensor is always on. When I clean it with a wet napkin it turns off until the water evaporates, it turns on again.

I honestly think this is a hardware issue, and i am seeking a free repair from sony, since my 1 year warranty did not and yet.

My problem is that i bought my phone from saudi arabia but i am living in turkey right now.

Any suggestions ?

thank you

Hadi

Highlighted
Message 187 of 229
Message 187 of 229

Re: Proximity sensor is always on :(

@hadid90 Have you tried to check in safe mode? Maybe there is an app responsible for this behaviour.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 188 of 229
Message 188 of 229

thank you for your reply.

As i mentionned above i fully reset my phone using the companion software on pc.

Also, the proximity sensor goes off when i clean it with a wet tissue, and when the water evaporates it goes on again.. it is clearly a hardware issue.

do you think sony in turkey could repair it ? although i bought  it from saudi arabia ? isnt this what it is called international warranty ?

thank you

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 189 of 229
Message 189 of 229

@hadid90: as far as i know SOny doesn't have international warranty. however you can try to take to a local service center to have it checked. Local support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 190 of 229
Message 190 of 229

So most probably i have to take my phone back to saudi arabia for repairing.

correct ?