account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SIM network unlock PIN

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

SIM network unlock PIN

Hiya,

I've recently bought a new SIM card with a better contract than the one I was on before, however I'm having trouble unlocking my Sony Xperia Z3 from O2. I've tried speaking to the people at O2 and when they couldn't do it they recommended I go CEX which I have. They sent away for a code but it came back saying there were no codes available. 

I'm not sure whether this is linked or not but I saw a thread advising people to call *#*#7378423#*#* which I've done and I've brought up the SIM lock screen. At the moment, mine reads:

[x] network 5
[]network subset 0
[]service provider 0
[]corporate 0
[]sim 0

Could someone please tell me what network 5 means and how I now go about unlocking my phone.

Thanks in advance

Dralice99

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: SIM network unlock PIN

Mine is unlocked emea region and everything has 0 after titles

Yours has 5 at network one 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@dralice99

In other words, the phone is locked to O2 and they told you to contact someone else to get the unlock code? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@uliwooly

Yeah, I went into the O2 shop and they asked a few questions. Because I didn't buy it directly from O2, they couldn't unlock it so asked me to get a third party to unlock it instead.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

What terrible customer service from 02,

i can't see the difference, you were using their service and making them money.

Regardless where the phone was bought. 

I can't see why they cant unlock it,

it should be able to be done over the phone. 

I think they're just been difficult.