account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

SD card as internal storage removed from Marshmallow

Enthusiast
Message 51 of 73
Message 51 of 73

Re: SD card as internal storage removed from Marshmallow

best troll ever please educate yourself 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 52 of 73
Message 52 of 73

I specifically checked about the feature to ensure that I had ability to save my apps to sd. I checked the Sony update speel and it did not say that this option would be omitted from the upgrade to Marshmallow. Now I'm stuffed!!!! A big omission not to tell owners, that you've edited functionality, whatever it may be. I want my device rolled back to Lollipop. So how will you assist?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 53 of 73
Message 53 of 73

SONY will not help you - going back to Lollipop is not an option for them. You need to find the info by yourself (should not be that difficult, many people decided to downgrade)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 54 of 73
Message 54 of 73

@traveller_cz

I understand your frustration with your Xperia Z1 but do NOT spread rumors. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 55 of 73
Message 55 of 73

So this means they removed the option for our beloved Z2!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 56 of 73
Message 56 of 73

SD card

When installing an SD card, the phone seems to automatically format as portable storage? I want to use as internal storage. . I was told this was possible in marshmallow. . Is it barred on this phone?
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 57 of 73
Message 57 of 73

Re: SD card

@JarMan1

That's part of Marshmallow indeed, but it wasn't incorporated by Sony, neither Samsung, LG, etc. 

You can read more about it here

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/SD-card-as-internal-storage-removed-f...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 58 of 73
Message 58 of 73

I have a Z3, Z5, Z3 Tablet and I am a Sony supporter... but this choice is really VERY BAD !!!

I was waiting since a long time to receice Mashmellows to add memory to my phones and now that I have MashMellows I can't use this feature ???!!!

VERY BAD Choice !!!!

I will sell all my Sony Phones, now and I have bough a Oukitel K6000 Pro, I have formatted my Sd Card as internal memory, now I have 128Gb of internal memory and all apps are working perfectly...

Good by Sony... my old love betrayed me...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 59 of 73
Message 59 of 73

The synical might note that some manufacturers are starting to go down the Apple route of selling phones with higher memory specifications at a premium price and they dont want to enable this cheaper option as it will affect their profit margins.

The issues I have are that all of the apps that come preinstalled install all of the updates outside of system memory which effectively doubles their size, it would be better if all updates integrated into the original install.

Also during the typical lifespan of the phone apps become larger and larger as more features / functionality get built in meaning that even if you get a phone with more memory built in after a year or 18 months if your lucky you still run out of room, with the current capacity and relatively cheap price of good quality sd cards this extends the lifespan of your phone quite considerably meaning you can upgrade your phone when it gets the features, performance improvements or style you want rather than chasing for an early upgrade just to get some more memory which wont last the lifetime of the phone, so the cycle starts all over.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 60 of 73
Message 60 of 73

I just tried this instruction:

I installed the ADB driver successfully, but when I open the command prompt and enter "adb shell", I only get the message 'adb' is not recognizede as an internal or external command, operable porogram or batch file.

What is wrong?