account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Revive your Z3 Compact with Oreo

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Revive your Z3 Compact with Oreo

Oreo on Z3 Compact

Our Z3 Compact has been abandoned by Sony a while ago.
It was not Sony that made that decision but Qualcomm.
Something with processor specifications (don't ask me what it was exactly)

XDA members devil188, nailyk and Dobsgw created an Omni ROM for Xperia Z3 Compact.
A great job.

By this time your Z3 Compact will probably be out of warranty, maybe you want to try.

It works, still has some bugs (20171213) but it is good enough to use as replacement for MM as it is now. The latest security patch is november and not somewhere back in 2016.

As there are always people (like me) who do not have a steep learning curve and don't find it easy to root and install software on their device I have written a step by step instruction how to install Oreo on your Z3 Compact.

Here is the link to this step by step instruction.

Enjoy!

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
1 REPLY 1
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Revive your Z3 Compact with Oreo

Yeah, I was just doing some research on that.
1. Did you do it?
2. What are the main pros and cons? I am mostly interested in what you loose..
3. Is the battery holding up better?
4. What are the chances that you brick your phone although you took very much care during the proccess? 
Thanks a lot! Grinning Face