account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Question about "Soft Charging" feature

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
3,627 Views
Message 1 of 5

Question about "Soft Charging" feature

So it seems that many sites (like Battery University) accepted the fact that phone batteries should be kept between 40-80% for the longest life.

 

Since the "Soft Charge" feature was included, the old "new" 100% is actually 90% and due to this the battery life will last longer.

 

My question is, the "new" 50% means it's actually 40% in terms of not using this optimization?

 

Any other opinions regarding how should I charge my battery?

 

Thanks!

Dorian Diaconu
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
4,565 Views
Message 4 of 5

Re: Question about "Soft Charging" feature

Oh i see. Unfortunately it doesn't have this tech. The soft charging is just as described, the battery will have reduced capacity to increase battery lifespan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
3,618 Views
Message 2 of 5

Re: Question about "Soft Charging" feature

recent Xperia devices has the Qnovo tech, which you can learn more here: http://qnovo.com/

 

the charge from 0-90% is still the same, the remaining 10% is actually like a safe limit to have a longer battery life span.

 

you dont have to worry about leaving your device charged for extended period of time since it is smart enough to cut off power once battery is fully charged.

 

tips:

 

1.) never let your battery drain to 0%,

2.) check the temperature, always maintain safety battery temps before charging, if it cold too much heat, do not charge your phone, wait till it reaches its regular temp (room temp).

3.) it always safer to use the cable and adapter that is included with the device.

4.) features like ar effects, 4k and other battery draining apps are best minimized. and should not be used during when charging your device.

5.)http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/a15731/best-way-to-keep-li-ion-batteries-charged/


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
3,612 Views
Message 3 of 5

Re: Question about "Soft Charging" feature

I'm having a Z3 Compact, so I don't know if it support Qnovo tech...

Dorian Diaconu
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
4,566 Views
Message 4 of 5

Re: Question about "Soft Charging" feature

Oh i see. Unfortunately it doesn't have this tech. The soft charging is just as described, the battery will have reduced capacity to increase battery lifespan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
3,599 Views
Message 5 of 5

Re: Question about "Soft Charging" feature

So no rules? No limits regarding the charge? Just don't let it drain until 0%?

Dorian Diaconu