account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Highlighted
Regular
Message 151 of 217
Message 151 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

@viridis details mate, details. Even from the small photos I can see they are pixelated and pastel like. I too shoot mostly on manual and even then it's really hard to get a descent photo. For difference of G2 which shoots with sharp details ALWAYS on any light. Or the iPhone 6 that you just point and click and the photo is much better than anything you can make with the Xperia z3, I am seeing the last one on daily basis... Reducing the ISO to avoid the noise is not always a good options, at some point your photos may become very darker and dimmed.

But this is offtopic, the pink spot is the problem here and as pointed out it can be corrected with software, same with the photo quality. I am getting nervous waiting for the Android 5 and the updates that may come with it...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 152 of 217
Message 152 of 217

I skimmed through this thread and I am confused.  I am researching the Z3 as a birthday gift for my gf and the reasons are 20mp camera, long battery life, waterproofing and flagship techs.  Now I am reading that the 20mp camera is flawed?  When will it be fixed?  Is the camera better on a Z2?  I am about to spend some major money on a cell phone and I have not had a Sony for the last 6 years so only just considering going back to them.  So the question is:  Would all the people with the pink spot problem still buy the Z3 if they had to do it over again?  Or choose another brand?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 153 of 217
Message 153 of 217

Choose another brand mate. My Z3 is in reparation for the second time due to pink spot issue.Apparently they are not able to fix it. Moreover, in 6 months of issues here, no any official answer by sony has been furnished! Buy an Iphone, don't waste your money! 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 154 of 217
Message 154 of 217

The phone is fantastic as are the vast majority of the photos taken with it particularly if you use manual and follow the tips by the experts (some of their images are truely exceptional including night scenes). I know a number of iPhone lovers who have switched to the Z3 and all have no regrets whatsoever.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 155 of 217
Message 155 of 217

By the way I do think that Sony need to man up and admit to the problem but there's no way it's a show stopper in my opinion. I don't take many photos of white walls!
Highlighted
Regular
Message 156 of 217
Message 156 of 217

@RickGM yea, none of us here actually own Z3 and we are about to believe you...

@AnAlias you can see many discussions about the camera quality around the net. The waterproof is valid only for "fresh water" and not for salty or rich on chlorine water. Google it. The battery and the sound are great Slightly smiling Face From what I read Z2 has better camera and lasts longer.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 157 of 217
Message 157 of 217

Talent
Message 158 of 217
Message 158 of 217

Highlighted
Regular
Message 159 of 217
Message 159 of 217

@RickGM, just on a personal note, I am a designer and artist, I understand perspective, contrast and such. What I can't understand is, why are you feeding us with promotional materials and why any of us should have a degree in order to make a clean shot, while the owners of other phones don't? This problem is a fact, just Sony doesn't think it's actually a problem they should fix. And again, as proven both the photo quality and the pink spot are fixable by software and until Android 5 is out for Z3 there is nothing more we can say here that it isn't said already. Either is going to get fixed with Android 5 or it never will be.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 160 of 217
Message 160 of 217

Feeding us with promotional material? Like "By the way I do think that Sony need to man up and admit to the problem".

Why would I want to do that?

@AnAlias asked a question of forum members which I have answered with my opinion - not yours. Surely a Chartered Civil Engineer has the right to respond openly and honestly with an informed opinion the same as a Designer and Artist does?