account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Overheating problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Overheating problem

quite worried about my phone, had satnav on for about an hour and when i had finished my phone was boiling...anything to worry about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Overheating problem

@Timax777 wrote:

quite worried about my phone, had satnav on for about an hour and when i had finished my phone was boiling...anything to worry about?

Depends on how long.

Most smartphones tend to heat up greatly after extended usage of Satellite Navigation.

Nothing to worry about unless it overheated in less than 4 minutes.

You can probably reduce the heat by using extended usage mode in Stamina mode.

It underclocks CPU so less heat will be produced.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@Timax777 wrote:

Depends on how long.

Most smartphones tend to heat up greatly after extended usage of Satellite Navigation.

Nothing to worry about unless it overheated in less than 4 minutes.

You can probably reduce the heat by using extended usage mode in Stamina mode.

It underclocks CPU so less heat will be produced.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Its normal 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Agree with the above. Far too much attention on this forum to the phone getting warm when used for extended periods.

If nothing is going wrong then I tend to ignore it. HTC's with their aluminium frames are the same in my experience.