account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Overheated melted glue

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Overheated melted glue

Hi,

I've had my Z5 Compact for just over a year now and since day one it has been kept in a rubber case. I have just noticed this week after taking it out of the case to give it a clean that the back cover is coming away, which I am presuming is caused by the glue melting when the phone heats up.

Has anyone else come across this?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Overheated melted glue

@Prso9

The phone can't overheat, if it gets too hot it will shutdown, with that said, it "could" overheat if you run a Custom ROM or if you have mod or overclocked the phone. 

Contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi, no I haven't done anything to my phone apart from update the software when told to. My phone might not overheat, but it certainly gets very warm at times, warm enough to soften the glue
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Prso9

I haven't experience any of this with any of my Xperias, just let your Local support inspect your device.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Prso9: it takes a heat gun just to loosen the adhesive used to bind the back panels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMxYINFyjo

so if you experience that kind of heat it should have melted the case you are using,. I have a Z5C mostly the heat is concentrated around the middle of the back and not on the edges..

I agree with the suggestion above. please see the nearest service center to have this fixed/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Get full and original replacement parts for Sony Xperia Z5 Compact at http://www.witrigs.com/replacement-parts-for-sony-xperia-z5-compact This video shows ho...
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

"The phone can't overheat, if it gets too hot it will shutdown"  have you considered that it might not shutdown as it is not working correctly? The backplanel on my Sony Xperia z5 has come off around the camera area. It gets so hot that I cannot have it in a pocket as it feels like my leg is burning through the fabric. It has not been tampered with and is always in a case so is carefully looked after. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem where the top section of the back glass is separating from the body of the phone. I know it's because of the excessive heat emanating from the top back area that has melted the glue.